PDA

View Full Version : How Lightwave 3D is defining the future!

shrox
06-23-2010, 11:49 PM
This is my new job, creating content for augmented reality systems and displays.

http://www.digitaltechfrontier.com/augmentedreality/index.html

Check out the video at the bottom.

tonyrizo2003
06-23-2010, 11:58 PM
that is way cool, I was looking at this awhile ago, are you using LW in conjunction? forgive my ignorance it's been awhile since I viewed the tech and it's been a long day so far. Congrats on the job!!

StereoMike
06-24-2010, 01:41 AM
Congratz on the new Job, Shrox! Looks very interesting! Do you had to move?

biliousfrog
06-24-2010, 01:55 AM
I was chatting to the owner of a local company who is developing AR software primarily for smart phones and PDA's although he gave a neat demo with a laptop and a webcam. I could immediately see some potential with the arch-viz market, especially when he was combining several markers, each with a different building, and moving them around in real-time. The animated stuff was especially impressive.

Red_Oddity
06-24-2010, 05:00 AM
As for that video, well, we must be doing something wrong then, cause our AR tests didn't take seconds to make.

shrox
06-24-2010, 11:06 AM
that is way cool, I was looking at this awhile ago, are you using LW in conjunction? forgive my ignorance it's been awhile since I viewed the tech and it's been a long day so far. Congrats on the job!!

Yes, I am creating the content and other graphical components. The program is already up and running. It's a nice office too. No dirt on this floor...

Congratz on the new Job, Shrox! Looks very interesting! Do you had to move?

Thanks, I moved to Phoenix last week. Welcome to 107 F...

I was chatting to the owner of a local company who is developing AR software primarily for smart phones and PDA's although he gave a neat demo with a laptop and a webcam. I could immediately see some potential with the arch-viz market, especially when he was combining several markers, each with a different building, and moving them around in real-time. The animated stuff was especially impressive.

I am pretty excited about it, the animation is embedded in the AR file. There are all kinds of cool stuff that capability adds.

As for that video, well, we must be doing something wrong then, cause our AR tests didn't take seconds to make.

Were you using an existing AR program or developing one? This one is just about complete. The content I create will be converted through Ogre then plugged into the program.

radams
06-24-2010, 03:00 PM
Welome back to the sunny AZ...the dry heat ;)

Hey drop me a line when you get settled. I'll pop up there and let's grab a lunch/drink or so.

Cheers,

shrox
06-24-2010, 03:47 PM
Welome back to the sunny AZ...the dry heat ;)

Hey drop me a line when you get settled. I'll pop up there and let's grab a lunch/drink or so.

Cheers,

That depends on whose studio is more way bittchin', I might have to go to Tucson. Actually, the office is pretty cool. Four VR pods, a six seat rumble theatre for movies, and other neat toys.

I am looking for a house, of course none of the lawns look very good right now, and my cat just will not step outside if the ground is too hot!

Shrox