PDA

View Full Version : Need help with dfx+/lw bundle installation

JeF
09-15-2003, 10:37 AM
Hello.
I finnally got my dfx+ bundle today directly from newtek-europe (thanks for your support).
When i unpacked it i didn't found any informations about registration and installation.
In the pack there was the same LW duo CD that the one i did receive back in january when i first bought this seat, but with another serial.

So here come my questions:
1) Do i have to re-install LW with this new serial even if i allready have this version registered?

2) Where do i need to register DFX+ (newtek or eyeon)?

3) If i have to re-register LW with the new serial, is there a way to change the serial without installing the whole LW 7.5 + .c + help again?

4) How will we get the informations about lw8 when it comes out.

I know, i'm a bit confused :)

Thanks for your answers.

JeF
09-15-2003, 03:01 PM
In fact i wondered if the new serial they sended with the new cd is tied to the dfx liscence.

Anyone using LW 7.5!?
Not really, they have stated only for user who bought 7.5 after june this year (might be april). I bought this seat on january so i had to upgrade to get lw8 :)
Here is the offer.
http://www.newtek-europe.com/uk/dfxoffer/dfx_eu.html

Stewpot
09-15-2003, 04:02 PM
Hi JeF,

I would register the new serial #, since I would have thought that, the 8 upgrade will be tied to this and not the serial # you previously registered.

Install DFX and it will give you a serial number for LW, (this is tied to your LW dongle), then go to Eyeon's sight and register. They will send you a license key.

JeF
09-15-2003, 04:15 PM
Thanks a lot for the tips.
Is there anyway to change the serial of currently installed LW without re-installing!?

The key file is not the serial by the way :)

Stewpot
09-15-2003, 04:26 PM
Hi JeF,

I don't think you have to necessarily re-install. I read a thread either here or on Google about this, and it seems that you may be able to just register the serial number. This is important as I said before, because the free 8 upgrade is linked to this.

However, I'm pretty sure that, even if you install the new version you would not need a new license key, since the need for this is dependent on the dongle which isn't changing.

Anyhow, you could always mail NT Europe and ask.