PDA

View Full Version : don't forget your toothbrush [reach]

cresshead
09-15-2003, 09:50 AM
hi
made the model and rendered the scene out this afternoon...
it's to try and secure a job i'm after!....they make visualisations
and my portfolio didn't have any product scenes in when i went for the job so i made this to try n sway them a little bit!!....

i have mostly character and interior work in my gallery...DOH!
..i could do with a new job to go with lightwave 8....now that i've just upgraded to lightwave *!!!!**

later people!

oh rendered at med setting on a pIII 700 took 4 mins at 800x600 pixels

cheers

stee+cats

Hiraghm
09-15-2003, 11:34 AM
Looks really good. Might turn the diffuse down a bit on the toothbrushes, and maybe reduce the transparency on the plastic cover just a bit... and/or add a faint turbulence procedural to the cover's transparency channel.

cresshead
09-15-2003, 11:43 AM
hi..thanks for the advice..sure will..try those out..yeah the clear plastic looks a bit too clear and the colours are very saturated on the handles...just wanted to get a render out as soon as posible so not to miss an oportunity of a job...looks too saturated but is nice an clean which is like their renders i've see..they use cinema 8 by the way..so i hope i can take my dongle in and use lightwave
or i'll need to learn cinema as well as what i use now [lightwave, 3dsmax and combustion plus digital fusion+ is on it's way!!!]

cheers..i'll post an update version as soon as my dinnner has "gone down".....rush rush!

steve g

cresshead
09-15-2003, 02:37 PM
updated renders...

cresshead
09-15-2003, 02:39 PM
and the first cam angle with edited surfaces

Remi
09-15-2003, 03:45 PM
I got this from the net...it's not the best pic to go from I know but something bothered me about the actual toothbrush and packaging....the package would have the logo on it somewhere I think although I couldn't actually find a ref for ya...my suggestion would be to go down to the local grocery store and get yourself one dude...you can use it after you use it after a ref:).....

cresshead
09-15-2003, 06:17 PM
cheers for that pik and comments.

the toothbrush i modeled is my current "reach" tooth brush..i've had it next to my mouse all day so it's more or less an exact copy..except for the wear n tear that is!
talking of which i's do well to get a look at the packjaging on one of these as the current one look like the stuff you'd find in the bargin bin section of a shop!

cheers steve g

richpr
09-15-2003, 07:26 PM
Look at this site for packaging...
http://www.packworld.com/articles/Features/12547.html

Rory_L
09-15-2003, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by Hiraghm
Looks really good. Might turn the diffuse down a bit on the toothbrushes, and maybe reduce the transparency on the plastic cover just a bit... and/or add a faint turbulence procedural to the cover's transparency channel.

Normally these would be good suggestions, but this is for product placement, not moody anims! Keep the diffuse up and don`t overdo it on the plastic transparence. Reach, or whoever want to sell pretty, bright and friendly toothbrushes, not psychologically disturbed sticks and shadows! :D

You`re right in wanting to get a good look at the packaging. To be honest, you should probably just splash out on a brand new brush: you should change them every month anyway. :)

Cheers and good luck getting the job!

R

cresshead
09-16-2003, 03:33 AM
yup in this field there's "reality" and "product reality" where you need to show the product in it's best "light"...
i'll add some packaging texture etc next.

thanks for the link as well to the packaging company

steve g