PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Flash & H264

SebasToledo
06-22-2010, 10:57 AM
Hi all,

I'm using newtek tricaster with Adobe Media Encoder 3. So far I've been able to stream without problems, even after personalizing profiles. This was using VP6 codec. Now that I had to switch to H264 I'm still able to stream files, but I cannot save those files, no matter what profile I use, everytime I check the Save file box, I get an error "Media Encoder Terminated Prematurely. Please Try Again", when I look at the directory, a log file is created. (If i only stream, it works fine).

I believe that the error comes from the fact that H264 files are supposed to have an .F4V extension, but Tricaster only allows FLV, AVI or WMV extensions, even if I leave the extension blank or I force it. I still get the same error...

Here's a log example, and also a .xml profle that i'm currently use

LOG

================================================== =====

File: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Flash Media Live Encoder 3\FMLEcmd.exe

Description: Adobe® Flash® Media Live Encoder

Copyright: © 2008 - 09 Adobe Systems Incorporated. All Rights Reserved. Adobe, the Adobe logo, and Flash are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Adobe Systems Incorporated in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. <AdobeIP#0000716>

Version: 3.0.0.4743

================================================== =====

Wed Jun 16 2010 12:09:44 : Error: Profile validation Error : Validator failed.

Wed Jun 16 2010 12:09:44 : Error: Profile Validation : Some of the tags in the profile have incorrect or no values. For details, please refer to encoding logs.

Wed Jun 16 2010 12:09:44 : Profile Warnings : 1. Name of the file to which encoded video is to be saved, has wrong extension. It should be .f4v

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>
<flashmedialiveencoder_profile>
<preset>
<name>Custom</name>
<description></description>
</preset>
<capture>
<video>
<device>VT Video Device</device>
<crossbar_input>0</crossbar_input>
<frame_rate>25.00</frame_rate>
<size>
<width>720</width>
<height>576</height>
</size>
</video>
<audio>
<device>VT Audio Device</device>
<crossbar_input>0</crossbar_input>
<sample_rate>44100</sample_rate>
<channels>2</channels>
<input_volume>99</input_volume>
</audio>
</capture>
<process>
<video>
<crop>
<left>19</left>
<top>14</top>
<right>19</right>
<bottom>14</bottom>
</crop>
<deinterlace></deinterlace>
</video>
</process>
<encode>
<video>
<format>H.264</format>
<datarate>200;</datarate>
<outputsize>384x288;</outputsize>
<advanced>
<profile>Baseline</profile>
<level>3.1</level>
<keyframe_frequency>1 Second</keyframe_frequency>
</advanced>
<autoadjust>
<enable>false</enable>
<maxbuffersize>1</maxbuffersize>
<dropframes>
<enable>false</enable>
</dropframes>
<degradequality>
<enable>false</enable>
<minvideobitrate></minvideobitrate>
<preservepfq>false</preservepfq>
</degradequality>
</autoadjust>
</video>
<audio>
<format>MP3</format>
<datarate>96</datarate>
</audio>
</encode>
<restartinterval>
<days></days>
<hours></hours>
<minutes>59</minutes>
</restartinterval>
<reconnectinterval>
<attempts>10</attempts>
<interval>90</interval>
</reconnectinterval>
<output>
<rtmp>
<url>rtmp://</url>
<backup_url></backup_url>
<stream>video</stream>
</rtmp>
</output>
<metadata>
<entry>
<key>author</key>
<value></value>
</entry>
<entry>
<key>copyright</key>
<value></value>
</entry>
<entry>
<key>description</key>
<value></value>
</entry>
<entry>
<key>keywords</key>
<value></value>
</entry>
<entry>
<key>rating</key>
<value></value>
</entry>
<entry>
<key>title</key>
<value></value>
</entry>
</metadata>
</flashmedialiveencoder_profile>
------------------ -----------------------------------------------------

I would appreciate any help since I do need to have the streamed files recorded!

Thanks in advanced

Sebas

Zane Condren
06-22-2010, 11:21 AM
Log into reg.newtek.com and download the latest update 2.5b it will fix this for you.

SebasToledo
06-24-2010, 09:17 AM
Hello Zane,

Thanks for your answer on NewTek forums on my problem saving h264 flash files on tricaster. I tried what you suggested, unfortunately when I went to the TriCaster BROADCAST 2.0 Downloads section, I did not found a 2.5b update. The latest update there was 2.5, which I already installed about a month ago, long before I encountered the H264 issue. (FYI, The product that I'm using and have registered at Newtek is Tricaster Broadcast 2.0)

Can you please tell me where else to find this update or an alternative solution?

Thanks in advance for your help

Sebas

marcelcools
03-13-2011, 01:11 PM
Hello Zane,

I have de same problem with the flash encoder. We're could i download update 2.5b?

Log into reg.newtek.com and download the latest update 2.5b it will fix this for you.

SBowie
03-13-2011, 01:41 PM
Not to speak for Zane, but he's already given the answer to this question ...

To expand only slightly, that would be http://reg.newtek.com/

marcelcools
03-13-2011, 01:57 PM
I have updated with version 2.5 of 02-01-2011 but it didn't help.
There's no version 2.5b.... where could i download this one?

Do you have any suggest?

Not to speak for Zane, but he's already given the answer to this question ...

To expand only slightly, that would be http://reg.newtek.com/

Koinonia
03-13-2011, 03:13 PM
There was an update called Quicktime update that solved that problem, but this update is no longer in the Registration area...

SBowie
03-13-2011, 03:38 PM
There was an update called Quicktime update that solved that problem, but this update is no longer in the Registration area...That would normally be because the most recent version online includes that update.

There's no version 2.5b.... where could i download this one?TriCaster automatically checks for newer updates when asked to do so. There is no other location for downloads. If your problem persists after updating to the newest version online at any time, it would be good to talk to Tech Support about the issue.

marcelcools
06-07-2011, 03:38 PM
Hello SBowie

I have again tried to install the update. Unfortunately, I still keep the same message:

I get an error "Media Encoder terminated prematurely. Please Try Again"

This lasts for months now! What should I do? So difficult was not it need to be?

SBowie
06-07-2011, 03:49 PM
I have again tried to install the update. Unfortunately, I still keep the same messageI'm assuming you are only applying a TriCaster update, and have not attempted to update Flash Media Encoder by itself.

If your local dealer isn't able to help, I think I would want to talk to Technical Support. (They might recommend doing a TriCaster Restore Operation followed by a software update, or perhaps some simpler solution.)

marcelcools
06-07-2011, 04:04 PM
Sbowie Thank you!

I have sent an email to technical support. Once more I know you hear from me.

Can you tell me more about the new update on the tricaster codec? Where is this exactly? If the problem is solved for importing into Avid?

SBowie
06-07-2011, 04:22 PM
Marcel, I don't know the answer to the AVID question. In my limited experience, AVID is a fussy beast, and can complain about formats it doesn't like. The codecs provide 32bit and 64 bit versions of TriCaster AVI codecs, and most applications that will load an AVI will be able to use them. These codecs do not provide support for TriCaster's MPEG-2 capture formats, mind you.