PDA

View Full Version : Developer's Diary #1

Ryan Roye
06-21-2010, 06:13 PM
I thought it might be interesting to some people to see the development of one's skills from a newbie's standpoint. Developer's diary is basically an outline of my triumphs and frustrations regarding the usage of Lightwave's features that I'm not familiar with and a place to talk about when I try out new things and the result of my skill developments. I have been animating/creating for about a little over a year now for a baseline.

Developer's Diary #1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PTRpth1QKgg)

If you're an expert in 3d animation looking at this, you might find the things I say blatantly obvious and might even pull your hair out seeing the things that you could probably do much better.

I hope you all enjoy this series, I hope to do a periodical video every two months as my skills, ideas and opinions develop and change.

evenflcw
06-21-2010, 07:50 PM
That was a great first diary entry. I hadn't seen any of the Conners Adventure episodes before. Never played or heard of the game either, so some of the jokes might be lost on me, but I think I can relate to most anyway (I've played other games after all). Models might be square, but they work well for just the reasons you said. I'd like add to the audio and how well the lines are delivered to that list. Script is entertaining and fun aswell. Good flow. That said, I'm looking forward to the next episode and the original scifi adventure. I'm more a scifi nerd than I am fantasy. And anthromorphs are cool, especially mapping animal (traits) to strong archetypes.

Ryan Roye
06-21-2010, 08:08 PM
I think I might make use of some of the plugins you have in your "free lightwave plugins" link. That visibility toggle looks especially nifty :)