PDA

View Full Version : Keyframing Headaches

PabloMack
06-21-2010, 01:07 PM
When I delete a keyframe for X it also deletes the Y & Z, H, P & B keyframes at the same time. Can I set a mode where it only deletes it for X and leaves the others? I keep changing a keyframe in the graph editor and it corrupts other keyframes. I need all variables to be key framed independently. I remember LW working like this before but I don't know where to change the mode. Can someone please help? I am using LW 9.6

:bangwall:

Holdesta
06-21-2010, 01:40 PM
Open Scene editor....click the c+ under the three colored dots....make sure dope sheet is selected....right click the desired chanel (in your case X).... and delete :)

At least that's one way

danielkaiser
06-21-2010, 03:45 PM
At the bottom of the "Delete Motion Key" requester you can select the channels you want to delete.

PabloMack
06-21-2010, 04:31 PM
Thanks to both of you. Is there a way to set a mode so that when I change the time of say the X key-frame in the graph editor that it leaves the corresponding keyframes for Y, Z etc. where they are instead of them being slid up to the same place where you are putting X?

nickdigital
06-21-2010, 04:41 PM
In the Graph Editor just select the keyframe of the one channel that you want to move.

PabloMack
06-21-2010, 08:11 PM
In the Graph Editor just select the keyframe of the one channel that you want to move.

I do. I then move it. Then I find that all keyframes with the same time for the other dimensions have been moved as well. Say I move X then find out that Y and Z have also moved. I then move Y back and then it moves X back as well. Argh! I need to find out how to change a mode or something. This is not working. I ended up having to new create keys instead of moving them. That is the only thing that seems to keep from corrupting my animations.

nickdigital
06-21-2010, 10:01 PM
In Graph Editor hit the "o" key or click on the "options" button and uncheck "Lock Motion Keys in Time".

PabloMack
06-22-2010, 06:42 AM
In Graph Editor hit the "o" key or click on the "options" button and uncheck "Lock Motion Keys in Time".

This is what I was looking for. Your help is greatly appreciated. I was trying to find it in the global options menu. I didn't realize that there was a context sensitive options menu for the graph editor. Now I see there are many options just for the graph editor which I use very heavily BTW.

Many Thanks!