PDA

View Full Version : LW Stereoscopic - After Effects ? Help

OnlineRender
06-21-2010, 09:30 AM
Anybody know how to get LW*"or Blender" stereoscopic renders into AfterEffects , as in the workflow .

for example I have Left & Right eye renders complete , how the smeg do I get them into after effects , I know how to make stereoscopic renders in after effects but dont know how to get the final renders into AE and converted .

I know Chris Keller workflow see link

http://www.vimeo.com/5918877

any help would be sweet cheers .

Hieron
06-21-2010, 04:29 PM
Plenty of ways to do it and it depends a bit on what your final export should be like. What is "converted"? Anaglyph, sidebyside, seperate but convergence matched streams, interlaced, checkerboard ?

Assuming you have anaglyph and 2 seperate streams and I have very little time, the easiest way is:

-Import both streams into AE and into a single composition.
-Apply Photo Filter to both, set density to 100%. Pick a custom color *while wearing the glasses you use* and pick the one that gives blackest for one eye and brightest for the other. Do it the other way around for the other layer. You should now have a cyan and a red color probably, "colormatched" to your glasses and your own screen.
-Make the top layer Screen blended.
-You should see stereo now with the glasses on, but convergence is not set yet (assuming you have parallel cameras) so just move the layers inward versus eachother (assuming you have extra pixels rendered horizontally). Set screendepth this way (where it is converging without glasses)

That's the quickest/manual way I can think of to get 2 seperate parallel streams into AE and produce an anaglyph output. Both in LW and in AE alot can be optimized. Quite some of that is already discussed on the boards btw incl camera rigs for LW and in principle the AE work is rather simple.

Eugeny
06-22-2010, 02:34 AM
Go to the effects/perspective/3dglasses ...
You should have left and right images loaded into the same composition, apply this filter to upper layer (which is it left or right - doesn't matter). In the 3Dgalsses filter you need to choose which side is left and right and which viewing method u use (balanced colored red blue is the regular anaglith).
You can change the parallax by shifting convergence offset as well as intensity of the red and blue shifts ...

But if u need just to view the stereo images - download the stereoscopic player (http://www.3dtv.at/Downloads/Index_en.aspx), it's mix tons of viewing methods on fly and can show still stereo images as well.

OnlineRender
06-22-2010, 03:10 AM
Thanks for the info ,very thankful .

Cheers