PDA

View Full Version : Freeze Ups and SSDs

wa3pnt
06-17-2010, 01:04 PM
I'm out on the road with the 3Play doing Rodeos throughout the west. I am subjecting the 3Play to probably the harshest environment that it will ever see, with the hot, dusty conditions that exist in the Rodeo environment.

I have two questions regarding the 3Play:

1. When I bring the 3Play on line prior to do a Rodeo Performance and have it sitting in "Stand-by" for a period of time (sometimes up to 2 hours before I begin Recording), when I try to begin Recording and use the 3Play functions it will not respond. No response to Mouse, Keyboard, or Control Console inputs. Even Cntl-Alt-Delete will not bring up the Taks Manager to permit an orderly Restart. At that point I'm forced to do a Power Shutdown and bring it back up. Has anyone else experienced this, and is there a known solution? It appears that it might be Windows related as opposed to 3Play Software related. Has there been any thought of going to a Windows 7 Operating System as opposed to Vista?

2. Because of the physical environment that we operate in, both from the Transportation standpoint and from the Dust/Humidity/Heat standpoint, we anticipate there is a high probability that we will experience a Hard Drive Failure. Has anyone Cloned the Operating System Hard Drive on to a SSD and used that to operate the 3Play? The use of a SSD will greatly reduce the probability of a System Disk Failure. Is this possible?

Thanks for any input.

George

Zane Condren
06-17-2010, 01:20 PM
Have you installed the latest software update for 3PLAY?

Zane Condren
06-17-2010, 03:17 PM
We have seen a case of this happening before and it was caused my a virus. I suggest installing the Microsoft Malicious software remover http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=AD724AE0-E72D-4F54-9AB3-75B8EB148356&displaylang=en

wa3pnt
06-18-2010, 09:45 AM
Thanks Zane. We are not normally on line with the 3Play, but when I get back out to the Rodeo Grounds I'll put it on line, do the Windows Updates, and the Malicious Software Removal.

We are running Version 1.0.2 which I believe is the latest Version available.

Discovered some other issues last night, but will reserve comment until I get the updates completed.

George

Zane Condren
06-18-2010, 04:34 PM
My guess is you got it from a Flash Drive. Don't forget our tech support is open 7 days a week 8:30am to 6:30pm Central so if you would like to discuss any issues please give them a call.