PDA

View Full Version : is this possible in LW

oliversimonnet
06-14-2010, 02:14 PM
hey guys
i have just watched this video on "vimeo" and i was wondering if any one could answer 2 things
1*, near the beginning he gets the model of a woman and to create the rubber like suit part of the model (not the armour) he creates some kind of texture and then creates that into a mesh, i know he probable skipped a bit for the video. is this possible to do in Lightwave?

and 2* this one is allot simpler haha, he creates a flat mesh with holes in it, and he needs it to be curved into a bowl like shape, and to do that he creates a plain and uses the plain to bend the mesh?
and again: is this possible to do in Lightwave?

here is the video: http://vimeo.com/5734031

thank you in advance :)

Cageman
06-14-2010, 02:35 PM
Well, of what I can gather, he uses ZBrush to create the rubber suite detaling from a texture. But alas, to my knowledge, you can't do such things in LW.

Second one is doable in LW, but with some more steps involved, and it would involve using Layout as a modeling app.

oliversimonnet
06-14-2010, 02:39 PM
aaa ok
thank you :)

Ztreem
06-14-2010, 03:16 PM
I would say that you could do no.2 in LW with fewer steps, just use the bend tool and you're done. You can also use the spline guide, much easier then setting up a plane first. My 2 cents.

safetyman
06-15-2010, 05:41 AM
Or you could use a grayscale "height map" and apply it to the mesh using textured point (found in the map tab).

Cageman
06-15-2010, 11:34 AM
I would say that you could do no.2 in LW with fewer steps, just use the bend tool and you're done. You can also use the spline guide, much easier then setting up a plane first. My 2 cents.

Ah... yes... the bend tool. Forgot about that one. I was totaly locked down in thinking in terms of having a cage object deforming a highres object.

:)

oliversimonnet
06-15-2010, 04:12 PM
haha i 2 forgot about "spline guide" haha

Thank you for all you opinion's every one