PDA

View Full Version : Can't get past Windows error recovery window

mkittrell
06-14-2010, 09:50 AM
I am having a terrible problem with my Tricaster starting up each day. I am a Mac person and using the Tricaster on a Windows system is a battle each day. Today's problem is a Windows Recovery Error window. The solution, the screen says, is to insert the Windows installation disk to repair the problem. Kind of hard to do when the Tricaster's software came pre-installed and there is no disk or CD drive to place it in! Below on the error screen is an option if the power was interrupted during startup. It is an option to Start Windows Normally, but all that does is regenerate over and over again. How do I get into my Tricaster. Please offer what help you can to this Mac user, a newbie in the Windows world!

SBowie
06-14-2010, 10:04 AM
This doesn't sound good at all. You'll want to call Tech Support for help - you may be looking at an RMA. :(

Zane Condren
06-14-2010, 10:23 AM
Sounds like a restore is in order. Our friendly Tech support can be reached at 210-341-8444 to walk you thru the process.

mkittrell
06-14-2010, 10:23 AM
OK, I just got into the Tricaster by clicking on the option to use the last known configuration. What an ordeal! I tried this earlier, but it did not work then. Just thinking, what if I left the Tricaster on at all times? Anyone else do this?

mkittrell
06-14-2010, 10:25 AM
Thank you, Zane. Do you think I need to do a restore? I would like very much to come in every morning and turn this machine on and have it start properly.

Zane Condren
06-14-2010, 10:25 AM
Give our Tech support a call so they can make sure everything is OK.

SBowie
06-14-2010, 10:26 AM
This (leaving it on 24/7) really shouldn't be necessary. If a restore (and subsequent update, if required) doesn't provide good stability, I think you may have some other underlying issue.