PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave to Solidworks?

Beerbaron
06-13-2010, 10:40 PM
I know LW will open SLDPRT files, but can it also export? Client needs to know. Thanks!

prometheus
06-14-2010, 12:41 AM
I know LW will open SLDPRT files, but can it also export? Client needs to know. Thanks!

Uhhm..donīt believe lw opens sldprt files, it can import stl files through a plugin but I donīt know where you got that from?

as for exporting I donīt think you can export out any editable object to solidworks, you can export to stl but I donīt think you can edit it in solidworks.
The question is thou, why do you need to export from lightwave to solidworks? it is two completly different object states polys vs solids.

I Use deep exploration to convert solidworks construction models of gym machines to the obj. format and then import to lightwave and render.

I once did an export of an daz character and processed it through lightwave to poly reduce it and I then exported it and saved it in a special format or with a plugin( cant remember wich right now) it was then possible to get a mesh to solid format figure wich the constructor then could use to test a figure in solidworks and how it matched with gymmachines.

I believe rhino has a plugin called mesh to solid wich converts polys to editable solids.
I dont believe thereīs an export like that even in deep exploration thou.

Michael

prometheus
06-14-2010, 12:43 AM
mesh to solid
http://www.sycode.com/products/mesh_to_solid/