PDA

View Full Version : Lens Flare does not render - please help!

TIMECARE
06-13-2010, 03:11 AM
I'm trying to render a scene in Lightwave using a 3D Arsenal scene template, in which there is a lens flare. When I hit Render Frame to preview how the scene will look, the lens flare is there. However, in render scene the lens flare is not there. I have tried going over all settings I could think of. I have ticked Lens Flares in Render Options. I tried rendering to both Targa 24 and Targa 32, and also tried rendering to avi, with the same result. Please help asap!

Thanks in advance,
Nadine

OnlineRender
06-13-2010, 03:24 AM
Make sure you have volumetric lights selected in the render global options

3DGFXStudios
06-13-2010, 04:49 AM
Make sure you have volumetric lights selected in the render global options

You don't have to enable volumetric lights. Only the lens flare flag

(and don't double post) ;)

ivanze
06-13-2010, 02:57 PM
Press Ctrl+F8, in the effects panel, press processing tab, Add Image Filter and select Flare2Alpha. Also, it works with volumetric lights, I think.

TIMECARE
06-14-2010, 12:31 AM
Volumetric Lights is ticked, and I also tried adding the Flare2Alpha filter, still no lens flare!

3DGFXStudios
06-14-2010, 02:21 AM
then you are out of lensflares. you need a refill

Geoff Vane
06-14-2010, 01:53 PM
Did you put the lensflare inside a transparent object? (like a lamp) You need you set that object, so it does not recieve shadows. Else the flare won't render. (LW error)

Are you rendering with realistic settings?

What camera are you using? Try the classic camera just to see if that works. Many of my errors are solved when I go back to the classic camera...