PDA

View Full Version : Turbosquid

chaka
09-14-2003, 12:48 PM
Hello :)

I was just wondering if anyone here has sold their work on TS. And if so how they liked using them... I have been considering selling my work on the site. And also does anybody have any recomendations as to other 3d site that will sell your work for you?

meshmaster
09-15-2003, 09:31 AM
Only one sale ever - for about 8 bucks, but then I forgot my Paypal password and they haven't given me the password back yet even though I faxed them the stuff they wanted :(... Needless to say I changed the account to take checks instead of paypal now! I only had about 4 things on there for about 2 years before I got that one sale... Now, I'm uploading a LOT of photos... only a few over 800 are for sale but I have thousands that I'm in the process of uploading and I need to put descriptions on them before I can sale - that's the only thing that makes ts time consuming - putting the descriptions up... Also, don't worry about pricing much since they can and do up the price scale to match the market most of the time (usually within days after you price it one price they'll up it a couple of dollars if it's too low in their opinion). I just have digital photos on there now, no meshes yet... I think that meshes have better return on investment most of the time... Another sale site you may want to look in to is http://www.renderosity.com - that site rocks, but the magazine is a little overpriced...

chaka
09-16-2003, 11:50 AM
Thanks a bunch Meshmaster