PDA

View Full Version : Recent Files

jaf
06-12-2010, 12:16 PM
I don't understand how Recent Files works. When I work on a model, I use the incremental save. After I do the last incremental save (in this case it was saved as "cabin1_v034.lwo") and I exit LW. The file has the correct date/time, which is greater than all the other versions in the object folder.

Now I start LW again and use the File|Recent Files hoping to load the last version. But listed are versions v004, v005, v007, v022, v027, cabin1, v032, and v032. The cabin1.lwo is the initial starting model.

I don't understand the way "Recent Files" chooses which are recent. If I check with my file manager using date/time modified as the sort, it lists the files as v001 through v034 in order, just as they were created.

I was using LW win32 9.6.

xchrisx
06-12-2010, 05:28 PM
Incremental saves I believe are saved through a script and not Lightwave's typical save process. Thus, they do not get added to the recent objects list. Only the objects that you File > Save seem to get added.

jaf
06-13-2010, 10:48 AM
Thanks, that looks like what's happening, though it doesn't make sense to me to have to do a File|save instead of an incremental save to get it on the list. If I do an incremental save and exit LW, that incremental was the most recent.

Does anyone know why Newtek decided to implement recent files that way? Is there a pitfall or advantage to this?