PDA

View Full Version : Samsung syncmaster..life spans, piece of crap?

prometheus
06-12-2010, 08:57 AM
I dunno, but my samsung syncmaster 2493HM seems to have died this very day.
I believe Ivé had it for 3 years now, and the latest months it began to show difficulties to start up from standby mode to active screen.

The led indicator were just flashing with seconds in between and it could
take several minutes for the monitor to start showing the screen.

And this very day it doesnt even manage to get any power up it seems, the led indicator for power on just flashes two times and dies out, after switching the main power switch underneath the monitor.
Go it seems the monitor has gone by by after 3 years.

those standby touch menys at front of the screen was a mistake to think
it was cool, I was having problems with seeing the menus since only
the power on/standby touch button had an led indicator.

no complaints about the colour display thou, it was pretty decent.

I had a 19 inch crt syncmaster several years ago, and after 2-3 years it
started to show flickering over the whole screen.

I wonder if I dear to buy any new monitor from samsung the next time.

Any one who can recommend something else?

Michael

Lightwolf
06-12-2010, 09:05 AM
Hm, i've had a Samsung Syncmaster 204Ts for five years now (if I'm counting correctly) and it's still perfectly fine (and also a lot better than most current cheap LCDs).

I suppose in the end it depends on what you want and how much you'd like to spend. Dell seems to be a decent choice nowadays.

Cheers,
Mike

prometheus
06-12-2010, 09:29 AM
what the??...this freaks me out, after maybe 30 minutes, the monitor is alive again...weird.

Something isn´t behaving correctly thou when either switching the monitor off with the switch button underneath the monitor, or turning it off in standby mode with the front panel touch menus...waiting for several minutes
for it to start up must be an indication of something not working correctly.

Michael

SBowie
06-12-2010, 10:19 AM
I've got two 245BW's, run them day in, day out since I bought them, and they've never given me a moment's trouble.

borkus
06-13-2010, 06:36 AM
I've not had this one, but I had an LG monitor that was doing the exact same thing. I bought a new one and gave it to my brother-in-law and he took the power switch apart and soldered something and it has worked for him since. Just a thought.

Hieron
06-13-2010, 08:28 AM
3 years ain't that bad... maybe you are unlucky.

My HP laptop died after about 1.5 years of hardly any use and after a complete motherboard replacement (worth 400 euro's according to the store, which I denied paying) it died on me again months later within 10 hours working on it. I think that laptop cost me about 10 euro's per hour used. Blegh.

Gluck with your monitor though.

T-Light
06-14-2010, 09:16 AM
I have a syncmaster. Originally bought an LG but it had a huge amount of noise, strange.

Had the Samsung for seven months running around 14 hours a day average, no problems so far.

aurora
06-14-2010, 02:44 PM
My two are alive and kicking with no problems. Had both for about 4 years now. Of course Thurs is only a few days away and now that I said they are both fine they probably both die.

Steamthrower
06-15-2010, 10:38 PM
I love Samsung Syncmasters. Never failed me, even though they're so cheap for what you get. I doubt I'd get anything else...except like an Apple Cinema Display or something.

prometheus
06-16-2010, 03:24 AM
Well it seems that most of you guys in here seem to be pleased with samsung syncmaster.

I don´t know, but me having problems with it to start up with the display, might
be a cause of me having both analog an digital signals input from two computers at the same time, I was switching between my old functional computer and my newer 3d not properly functional computer that way.

even thou I only had one computer on it was troublesome having the screen to power up and display, but I will change and try it only connected to one computer and see how it works.

here at work I have a 22 inch samsung syncmaster 2233 wich is pretty
ok too, colors brightness, and contrast is nice, and this model is much
better design with the power on/meny buttons at the side of the monitor, no touch menus that are hard to locate.

both my monitor at home and this samsung syncmaster 2233 are a little hard to view at correct contrasts if youre not looking at the center of the monitor, so that is still a problem for tnt monitors with the viewing angle.

Michael

SBowie
06-16-2010, 06:30 AM
might be a cause of me having both analog an digital signals input from two computers at the same time ....I do this with one of my two 24" Samsungs, and have since I got it (which must be more than a year ago) ...