PDA

View Full Version : Cannot center Pivot Point

Paradise
06-11-2010, 08:53 PM
Hi,

I tried to center my pivot points for the bow and the arrow so that when I move them they would move properly. As of right now, as you can see, the pivot points stray far away from the object itself. How would I go about to center it please?

I tried to center it in Modeler, and it is... actually centered in Modeler, but when I synchronize it with Layout, the pivot point is way over not in the center anymore....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/angel_or_devil28/pivotprob.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v351/angel_or_devil28/pivotprob2.jpg

Please help!!!!:help::help::help:

nickdigital
06-11-2010, 09:08 PM
You may have moved the pivot by accident in Layout. If you go back to Modeler and adjust the pivot, and try to re-load the object your object in Layout won't update. I believe the logic is that whatever you did in Layout was viewed as intentional to animate or setup the scene. Reloading the object is just refreshing the geometry.

You can either:
1. In Layout go to the move pivot tool. It should be near the normal Move tool. In general it's best to avoid messing with the pivots of an object. That's where parenting to Nulls is best.
2. Instead of reloading the object, just load a new version of the object. Hopefully this doesn't mean you've lost a lot of animation.

Paradise
06-11-2010, 09:12 PM
hmmm, what if it says "an item's rotation and scale should be reset before moving its pivot point" when I tried to move the pivot point in layout? And there's no key frames made in that timeline, and auto key is turned off?

Paradise
06-11-2010, 09:22 PM
THanks the reloading of the object fixed the problem :)

nickdigital
06-11-2010, 09:54 PM
hmmm, what if it says "an item's rotation and scale should be reset before moving its pivot point" when I tried to move the pivot point in layout? And there's no key frames made in that timeline, and auto key is turned off?

I'm not in front of LW right now but that might just be a warning message before you actually do anything. This speaks back to my point about avoiding adjusting pivots in Layout.

Glad you got it to work. :thumbsup: