PDA

View Full Version : World Cup Banter!

Pages : [1] 2

Matt
06-10-2010, 04:39 AM
Someone had to do it, so that someone might as well be me! :D

Cooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeee on England!!!!

I wonder how the USA / UK "Special Relationship" will fair after Saturday! :)

Bring it!

Remember guys, you don't pick up the "soccer" ball, no 'hand of God' moments please, oh, and leave the padding at home! ;)

Hehe! :D

Dodgy
06-10-2010, 04:58 AM
INGERLAND!!!!

They have a bet on with the US embassy...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/world/us_and_canada/10270467.stm

walfridson
06-10-2010, 05:35 AM
This world cup I feel very Danish!

Kuzey
06-10-2010, 05:52 AM
I'm going for Ghana...they played the best football in the last cup, but couldn't get the goals when it counted.

So Gooooooooooooooooo Ghana!!!

Kuzey

OnlineRender
06-10-2010, 05:55 AM
Well I'm supporting anybody but England , "not because I dislike there team , more to do with the media onslaughter I see every blooooody day . "

SO COME ON USA .
P.s £50 notes on France to win !

Matt
06-10-2010, 06:46 AM
Well I'm supporting anybody but England , "not because I dislike there team , more to do with the media onslaughter I see every blooooody day . "

SO COME ON USA .
P.s £50 notes on France to win !

Typical Scot! :p

biliousfrog
06-10-2010, 06:54 AM
I'm loving the facebook backlash -

"The government are worried that men's penises are getting smaller. To find out how great the problem is they have asked all men with penises smaller than 3" to put a white flag with a red cross on their car."

I also love the idea of doing the penalty shootout first rather than waste 90 minutes with no discernable winner...also putting landmines under the pitch to make it a bit more interesting.

As you might have guessed, I don't 'get' football, I just wanted to share some of the funny comments I've heard recently.

realgray
06-10-2010, 07:35 AM
:agree:

You're not alone. I don't get it either. 22 grown up men kicking a wobbly bag around make other grown up men behave like infants in the worst way imaginable... no, I don't get it.

I take comfort in knowing that there are other sane people like me left in the world :)

I always hope that "we" drop out of the competition as early as possible so the madness dies down as fast as possible.

If it wasn't for the internet, I wouldn't even know it was coming up. When I watch Soccer I keep fighting the urge to see them pick up the ball and hit somebody!

Chris S. (Fez)
06-10-2010, 07:41 AM
American expectations for the cup are...realistic. We just hope the match is competitive.

There is a World Cup food festival in my town. I will enjoy the food and drink if not the football. Glad South Korea made the cut...I love Korean food.

Matt
06-10-2010, 08:01 AM
I'm not a huge footy fanatic, but I do like the World Cup, getting behind your Country (without the need for guns) can only be a good thing!

I do like how Americans can be really proud of their Country without being penalised for it, over here you wear a Union Jack or St. George's cross T-Shirt and you're automatically a right wing racist, or a lager lout (second if often true of Brits abroad, on behalf of my Country, I do apologise for their behavior, we hate them as much as you do!)

I watched an Ice Hockey game in Madison Square Gardens once, and I have to say, when the whole crowd was singing Star Spangled Banner, even I, a foreigner, was moved! Quite unexpected that!

:)

Tartiflette
06-10-2010, 08:32 AM
I do like how Americans can be really proud of their Country without being penalised for it, over here you wear a Union Jack or St. George's cross T-Shirt and you're automatically a right wing racist, or a lager lout (second if often true of Brits abroad, on behalf of my Country, I do apologise for their behavior, we hate them as much as you do!)
Don't worry Matt, it's even worst in France ! :D

I'll be supporting French team, even if they don't play good football since some time now.

But even without being a foot fanatic, i do remember the fantastic mood there was back in 1998 when our football team won the world cup, at home, beating Brazil during the final ! :dance: :dance: :beerchug:

So if they can do that again, i'm sure it will be parties all over the country during summer, which could be fun ! :D

Cheers,
Laurent aka Tartiflette :)

Chris S. (Fez)
06-10-2010, 08:42 AM

When I lived in Savannah, GA I frequently met UK tourists in the bars decked out in UK colors. Haha. It was a guilty pleasure asking: Where are you guys from? Greece?

After the indignant shouting stopped and I assured em I was joking, they would sometimes get self-conscious about it and say they liked to show off their flag abroad because they felt funny wearing it at home. I guess now I know why. That is a shame.

Lightwolf
06-10-2010, 08:44 AM
So if they can do that again, i'm sure it will be parties all over the country during summer, which could be fun ! :D
2006 was nothing but a massive party in the whole country here... and it looks like it'll be at least a bit of a party this time around as well. So I'm certainly looking forward to that.

Cheers,
Mike

Matt
06-10-2010, 08:48 AM
When I lived in Savannah, GA I frequently met UK tourists in the bars decked out in UK colors. Haha. It was a guilty pleasure asking: Where are you guys from? Greece?

After the indignant shouting stopped and I assured em I was joking, they would sometimes get self-conscious about it and say they liked to show off their flag abroad because they felt funny wearing it at home. I guess now I know why. That is a shame.

Yeah, only Ginger Spice managed to pull it off over here! :D

Titus
06-10-2010, 09:16 AM
Walmart has a promotion here. If you buy a TV and Mexico wins the 5th match then the TV is free, they must know something :stumped:

Tomorrow the whole country will enter in a hiatus (Mexico-South Africa).

Ernest
06-10-2010, 09:21 AM
You're not alone. I don't get it either. 22 grown up men kicking a wobbly bag around make other grown up men behave like infants in the worst way imaginable... no, I don't get it.

Definitely true, but can you name any single form of human entertainment that makes sense in and of itself or has some kind of important universal value?

shrox
06-10-2010, 09:37 AM
Will there be a Star Trek marathon on cable?

Iain
06-10-2010, 09:48 AM
over here you wear a Union Jack or St. George's cross T-Shirt and you're automatically a right wing racist, or a lager lout (second if often true of Brits abroad, on behalf of my Country, I do apologise for their behavior, we hate them as much as you do!)

Well that is a repercussion of the behaviour people wearing these things are known for all over the world.

I know its just a few rotten apples but that all it takes to make a reputation.

biliousfrog
06-10-2010, 09:51 AM
Yeah, only Ginger Spice managed to pull it off over here! :D

the sad thing is...she didn't :D

zardoz
06-10-2010, 10:03 AM
well, I'm a fan of benfica, not very much for the national team...I know this may sound strange, but since they started using brazillian players (our national team has 3 brazillians) I don't enjoy it as much as I used to.
Anyway go Portugal!...yey

shrox
06-10-2010, 10:19 AM
I am not much of sports fan, but do believe soccer and rugby players around the world are much tougher than NFL football "stars". Soccer players have to be dragged away from the field with an injury, while NFL players get a stretcher for a sore pinky finger.

Titus
06-10-2010, 10:36 AM
I am not much of sports fan, but do believe soccer and rugby players around the world are much tougher than NFL football "stars".

I'm not sure in the case of soccer, they fall and scream like babies even if they haven't been touched by any other player.

Netvudu
06-10-2010, 10:49 AM
You all know this is Spain´s World Cup. We won the last European Cup and if we don´t win this one we will never win one!!

shrox
06-10-2010, 11:11 AM
Well, the USA always wins the World Series...

Matt
06-10-2010, 11:36 AM
well, the usa always wins the world series...

lol :d

realgray
06-10-2010, 12:00 PM
Well, the USA always wins the World Series...

It also makes our Superbowl extra Super!

realgray
06-10-2010, 12:07 PM

Man that's really sad. I was really pumped when I bought a huge Scottish flag when I was there ten years ago. (my ancestors were Scottish) It got lots of compliments in my dorm room. England is an awesome country that has a lot to be proud of.

Matt
06-10-2010, 01:53 PM
Man that's really sad. I was really pumped when I bought a huge Scottish flag when I was there ten years ago. (my ancestors were Scottish) It got lots of compliments in my dorm room. England is an awesome country that has a lot to be proud of.

It is getting better, at least during the World Cup you can fly the St. Georges flag and no one minds.

shrox
06-10-2010, 02:23 PM
How would a "Don't Tread on Me" flag go over at the World Cup?
http://vote29.com/newmyblog/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/don_t_tread_on_me_poster.jpg

archijam
06-10-2010, 02:41 PM
2006 was nothing but a massive party in the whole country here... and it looks like it'll be at least a bit of a party this time around as well. So I'm certainly looking forward to that.

Cheers,
Mike

Indeed, I was in munchen, and several embarassed but proud Germans told me it was the first time they had ever held a german flag, let alone wave it around for an hour :)

Specia times. And drunken ones.

This time round I can again barrack for Australia, Netherlands, and Switzerland.

First up is Australia vs. Germany :D

T-Light
06-10-2010, 03:27 PM
Matt -

It is getting better, at least during the World Cup you can fly the St. Georges flag and no one minds.
Yeah, for the first time in many years. Nice to have a government minister actualy telling local councils to 'CHILL' :D

Fresh wind in this country at the mo, long may it continue.

Best wishes and good luck to everyone, may you all lose 5 nill to ENNNNNNGERLUUUND :thumbsup::D

Lightwolf
06-10-2010, 03:35 PM
Indeed, I was in munchen, and several embarassed but proud Germans told me it was the first time they had ever held a german flag, let alone wave it around for an hour :)

We do have a special history when it comes to flag waving (and marching for that matter).

It was mainly just a fun thing to use the national colours without a nationalistic undertone to it.

Cheers,
Mike

Waves of light
06-10-2010, 04:20 PM
I'm just glad we're not the favourites for once. At least this way we might have a chance of getting further.

The African sides will shine this year. Big upsets will be France not qualifying for the last 16.

I have flags a'waiting and a Rooney shirt for my boy.

Come on England, show the US why we invented the game of football.... sorry soccer.

shrox
06-10-2010, 04:32 PM
I'm just glad we're not the favourites for once. At least this way we might have a chance of getting further.

The African sides will shine this year. Big upsets will be France not qualifying for the last 16.

I have flags a'waiting and a Rooney shirt for my boy.

Come on England, show the US why we invented the game of football.... sorry soccer.

Fooooootball

realgray
06-10-2010, 04:45 PM
soccer :D

Lightwolf
06-10-2010, 04:56 PM
soccer :D
Only in niche markets :D

Cheers,
Mike

realgray
06-10-2010, 05:03 PM
Only in niche markets :D

Cheers,
Mike

Your actually right. I think it's kinda silly American Football is called football at all. There's only a couple of kicks every game while the rest is mostly running/throwing/hitting.

Found this really cool article in CNN.

Why America never fell in love with soccer
http://www.cnn.com/2010/SPORT/football/02/23/football.us.popularity.1950/index.html

Lightwolf
06-10-2010, 05:16 PM
Found this really cool article in CNN.

Why America never fell in love with soccer

Interesting. And it seems like it's not going to change. Heck, the last time I saw American Football on TV I wondered if it's just meant as a break between commercials ;)
(Which makes watching the Superbowl without commercials a weird experience).

Cheers,
Mike

ken_g9
06-10-2010, 05:27 PM
Go Nippon!! :D

Hieron
06-10-2010, 05:41 PM
Soccer players have to be dragged away from the field with an injury, while NFL players get a stretcher for a sore pinky finger.

Yes they have to be dragged off, only to miraculously reappear 5 seconds later. Sometimes that gets a bit annoying...

Rugby is a different thing though. Did play it a bit (nothing fancy) myself, had a cleats print over my face for a while, thought it was the coolest thing ever :)

Stuff like:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVjO5_DUMGM&feature=related
all over Youtube. Almost all rugby moments are serious foul play though, which is just plain stupid. 6N was great this year. BBC is not on the TV anymore here though, so no more rugby on tele.

Concerning the World Cup: go Netherlands :)

realgray
06-10-2010, 05:47 PM
Yeah, different culture. My high school didn't even have soccer until the late nineties. And even when it did, the schools best athletes were "encouraged" to play football. Guess you have to grow up with it.

realgray
06-10-2010, 05:50 PM
I like to see people fly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwiMtGsFHwA

Titus
06-10-2010, 06:02 PM
Interesting. And it seems like it's not going to change. Heck, the last time I saw American Football on TV I wondered if it's just meant as a break between commercials ;)
(Which makes watching the Superbowl without commercials a weird experience).

Cheers,
Mike

American sports are very symbiotic to tv ads. I've been at the Dodgers Stadium and at an Oilers v. someone else game, quite boring to watch.

Lightwolf
06-10-2010, 06:11 PM
I've been at the Dodgers Stadium and at an Oilers v. someone else game, quite boring to watch.
Well, I saw Beckenbauer play in NY and that was boring to watch as well ;)

Having said that, I really only follow international competitions because they're just so much more fun to watch. And you get to pick different sides to cheer for almost every game :)

Cheers,
Mike

Chris S. (Fez)
06-10-2010, 06:12 PM
http://www.foxnews.com/imag/Food/10+Hottest+Soccer+Fans

Germany wins this contest...

COBRASoft
06-10-2010, 08:32 PM
I'm a big soccer fan, although not a crazy one like most on tv :).

This worldcup looks like an interesting one, lots of good teams: Spain, Italy, Argentina. Then there are the usual good ones: Germany, Brazil, England, France. Some outsiders are going to surprise the world, but my bet is on Spain.

JCG
06-10-2010, 10:31 PM
I do like how Americans can be really proud of their Country without being penalised for it, over here you wear a Union Jack or St. George's cross T-Shirt and you're automatically a right wing racist, or a lager lout.It is not a Union Jack but a Union Flag unless it's flown at sea!!

See? I pay attention to your educational BBC shows :D
Yeah, only Ginger Spice managed to pull it off over here! :DDon't forget Rose!
American expectations for the cup are...realistic. We just hope the match is competitive.Hey! You guys stole our ticket in the last 30 seconds. Now you'd better make good use of it! :p

Matt
06-11-2010, 04:22 AM
It is not a Union Jack but a Union Flag unless it's flown at sea!!

See? I pay attention to your educational BBC shows

Ahhh yes, that old pub quiz question, to be honest, most people call it the Union Jack out of ignorance, like me! :D

T-Light
06-11-2010, 05:04 AM
Matt -

most people call it the Union Jack out of ignorance, like me!:D
Ah but we have good reason Matt.
Pre 2001AD, the comic of choice for many (apart from the Beano / Dandy and Cheeky) was Warlord. It's main character was 'Union Jack Jackson'. OK, He was a marine, but I can't ever remember him being by the sea, we were brainwashed.

http://www.comicsuk.co.uk/images/FullStrip/Titles/UnionJackJackson.jpg

Waves of light
06-11-2010, 05:33 AM
I'm sat a work, in my lunch break and have just watched the opening BBC titles to their World Cup coverage.... I can't wait for this to start, I get so emotional, just hope there are lots of great games.

Myagi
06-11-2010, 09:34 AM
The vuvuzelas are the most annoying thing ever, I have to turn down the sound almost completely because they're on the virge of giving me a headache (and I don't usually get those). I hope not all games will be quite as loud.

Like sticking your head into a beehive, and equally painful :p

JohnMarchant
06-11-2010, 09:59 AM
Someone had to do it, so that someone might as well be me! :D

Cooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeee on England!!!!

I wonder how the USA / UK "Special Relationship" will fair after Saturday! :)

Bring it!

Remember guys, you don't pick up the "soccer" ball, no 'hand of God' moments please, oh, and leave the padding at home! ;)

Hehe! :D

There is no "Special Relationship :thumbsup:" so i hope we slaughter them but somehow im not sure this team of ours is up to the task but i could be wrong.

JohnMarchant
06-11-2010, 10:01 AM
The vuvuzelas are the most annoying thing ever, I have to turn down the sound almost completely because they're on the virge of giving me a headache (and I don't usually get those). I hope not all games will be quite as loud.

Like sticking your head into a beehive, and equally painful :p

They hope its distracting enough to help them win and to be honest South Africa need all the help they can to get to the next round :):):)

shrox
06-11-2010, 10:22 AM
There is no "Special Relationship :thumbsup:" so i hope we slaughter them but somehow im not sure this team of ours is up to the task but i could be wrong.

What do mean? Of course we have a special relationship, do you know of two other English speaking countries that are separated by their common language?

Fannies, nappies, trollies, taps, and of course, Gary Glitter.

T-Light
06-11-2010, 10:38 AM
Shrox -

You forgot pants and fags.

Jasper Carrot stateside...
"Hi, where can I get a pack of fags?"
"You want of PACK of them?" :D

JohnMarchant
06-11-2010, 10:40 AM
What do mean? Of course we have a special relationship, do you know of two other English speaking countries that are separated by their common language?

Yeah good one, well apart from Gadd (GG) to you mate

Waves of light
06-11-2010, 11:33 AM
What an opening goal to the 2010 World Cup.. well played South Africa, even though they should have been 6-0 down by half time!

What is the point of having HD vision and sound to listen to commentators surrounded by a swam of bees.... oh please, make the noise stop.

Matt
06-11-2010, 11:44 AM
What is the point of having HD vision and sound to listen to commentators surrounded by a swam of bees...

Thought is sounded like that too, they are a big much after about ummm, 5 minutes.

COBRASoft
06-11-2010, 01:52 PM
The bees, please stop the bees. That's really annoying, they should filter it out somehow. I'm happy I'm not in those stadions!

Really nice goal of South Africa, what a run and finish!

Waves of light
06-11-2010, 02:01 PM
Oh my god! Please, there must be something the BBC can do to stop the bees. I love football, I love the stadium atmosphere, but this is giving me a headache.

jasonwestmas
06-11-2010, 02:16 PM
Soccer/Football Too simplistic for most americans. ;) I do admire the amount of exercise they all get.

Chris S. (Fez)
06-11-2010, 02:20 PM
I made a valiant effort this morning but...I discovered I can't watch soccer without drinking. I might have to take the day off tomorrow for the big game.

shrox
06-11-2010, 03:04 PM
I made a valiant effort this morning but...I discovered I can't watch soccer without drinking. I might have to take the day off tomorrow for the big game.

That is something to consider. Can you get workman's comp payments if you bang your knee jumping up from the table while celebrating at work?

ken_g9
06-11-2010, 07:43 PM
France and Uruguay, a goalless draw. A few missed chances though.

T-Light
06-11-2010, 09:37 PM
shrox -

Can you get workman's comp payments if you bang your knee jumping up from the table while celebrating at work?
Only if it needs amputating. They call it severance pay.

On another note. I caught a few minutes of the French match. That noise is dreadfull. Problem is, will every nation will be too polite to ask the South Africans to ban the national trumpets?

Tartiflette
06-12-2010, 08:17 AM
France and Uruguay, a goalless draw. A few missed chances though.
Yes, it seems that us, french people, have forgotten, since quite a few games, that the main principle of the football game is to throw the ball behind the line in that big rectangle with nets we can see at each end of the field ! :D

Given that, i think they payed quite OK, but if we forget that principle i mentionned above, i don't think we will be able to go far this year ! :o

Cheers,
Laurent aka Tartiflette :)

colkai
06-12-2010, 08:18 AM
Ahh, the advantage of not liking football remotely, more quiet time! :D

Well, not really, drinking DJ's and playing' guitar, TV in "not football" mode, i.e. OFF as I'm already overloaded by the darn thing and it's only just started.
What's worse, Vale Rossi is badly injured so the MotoGP has lost a lot of excitement now, it's a one man show.
More time to do house repairs then, ohh, joy! :p

Matt
06-12-2010, 09:34 AM
Well, not long now before we drill the USA! :D

(Has fears I will be eating large slices of American humble pie later on!)

oliversimonnet
06-12-2010, 09:40 AM
Well, not long now before we drill the USA! :D

ye just a few hrs now.
COME ON ENGLAND!!!!! (i do hope it doesn't go how it did with Japan)

T-Light
06-12-2010, 09:56 AM
Watching Argentina v Nigeria on the BBC.

The trumpet noise is still there but it's not overwhelming like yesterday. You can hear the crowd noises as well as the usual foghorns. The ITV game shown earlier sounded as bad as yesterday.

Are the Beeb using high tech here? Could someone from the Beeb lend that tech to the other channels for the England match please :thumbsup:

Matt -

Butterflies are going off here already, we're feeling the same way.

oliversimonnet -

(i do hope it doesn't go how it did with Japan)
Meh, 2:1, that'll do :thumbsup:

realgray
06-12-2010, 10:20 AM
Gooooooooooooooo USA!

(spoken from a guy that's never watched a full game of soccer in his life)

Dexter2999
06-12-2010, 10:43 AM
Couple of very nice British gentlemen stopped me at work yesterday to ask where they could watch todays match. Then they tried to tease me that the UK would beat the US. I just smiled and said "Probably". They kept going and I kept smiling and nodding. Then the younger one asked "Do any Americans care about football(soccer)?"
I said, "Not in my generation." Ruined their fun.

But it's true to a degree. Soccer didn't start catching on where I lived until about three years after I went through school.

COBRASoft
06-12-2010, 10:44 AM
England should win easily, although USA is getting better and better in soccer.

Messi is amazing, he should have scored though.

OnlineRender
06-12-2010, 11:23 AM
USA ........USA come on.......................no offence to any English out there , but I hope you get pumped !

shrox
06-12-2010, 12:09 PM
...Only if it needs amputating. They call it severance pay...

Oh, that was bad. I like it.

COBRASoft
06-12-2010, 01:13 PM
Matt: 'Drill' the USA? I hope you'll get another goalkeeper for the second half. Man, what a mistake from Green.

archijam
06-12-2010, 01:34 PM
Ouch.

How exactly did that happen?

... in other news ..

Apparently Ivory Coast translates to Elfenbeinküste in German :D

(that's Elf-leg coast ...)

Go Australia! (tomorrow, against germany ...) :thumbsup:

T-Light
06-12-2010, 02:30 PM
Well, could have been worse.

Lot of commitment from the USA. Well done.

In other Britishy news, Hamilton on pole for the Canadian GP :thumbsup:

JohnMarchant
06-12-2010, 02:34 PM
England 1 USA 1, i cant believe that, was that our best goalkeeper, butter fingers. The other side the USA goalkeeper was great easily the best player in that game.

Oedo 808
06-12-2010, 02:37 PM
Well, could have been worse.

You mean we could have played well and lost instead of sucking hard and managing a draw? True that. The USA were kind of pants as well, I've seen them them play much better, it just seemed to be one of those matches.

Awesome goal keeping from Green, I think our only other alternative is calamity James.

In other Britishy news, Hamilton on pole for the Canadian GP :thumbsup:

Groovy, I'll have to check on the results, I wonder will Red Bull let their golden boy Vettel run Webber off the road again and still blow smoke up his arse.

Lightwolf
06-12-2010, 02:43 PM
Apparently Ivory Coast translates to Elfenbeinküste in German :D

(that's Elf-leg coast ...)

Bein was used as a synonym for Bone in the past (that's still present in the word Gebein). The literal translation is thus Fairy-bone - Elfenbein being the German term for ivory.

Yeah, tomorrow will be fun. We might have the youngest team ever, but they've got a solid chance.

Cheers,
Mike

zardoz
06-12-2010, 06:23 PM
well today I had some time so I decided to watch the usa vs england match...and the vuvuzelas are really bad. here in Portugal we had a commentator live from south africa and now we don't. they decided to use only the commentators in the studio because the sound from the vuvuzelas was really loud. The english goal keeper had some bad luck hey? better luck next time.

Matt
06-12-2010, 06:34 PM
Matt: 'Drill' the USA? I hope you'll get another goalkeeper for the second half. Man, what a mistake from Green.

Well, the score I think was justified, we had a LOT of chances, but didn't capitalise, and that goal keeping error was tragic, shouldn't have happened, but the USA put the pressure on and for a lot of the game dictated the pace, we should not have let that happen, overall, a fair result, but not one I wanted!

Matt
06-12-2010, 06:37 PM
Yeah, tomorrow will be fun. We might have the youngest team ever, but they've got a solid chance.

Be an interesting match tomorrow, I see it similar to ours, a Nation not known for Football, but very keen (Australia that is!)

warmiak
06-12-2010, 06:48 PM
The other side the USA goalkeeper was great easily the best player in that game.

Lennon was pretty good ...

Chris S. (Fez)
06-12-2010, 06:49 PM
Bars opened at 8 here. Not since college have I seen so many trashed people so early in the day.

England definitely had their opportunities. In particular...flubbing a 1 on 1 with the goalie. I was amazed he missed that shot.

COBRASoft
06-12-2010, 07:03 PM
it was a fair result indeed.

germany tomorrow, that will be interesting. i'm wondering how they will do without ballack and their youngest team ever.

warmiak
06-12-2010, 07:04 PM
it was a fair result indeed.

germany tomorrow, that will be interesting. i'm wondering how they will do without ballack and their youngest team ever.

Germans always do OK ... I mean, you can't really tell their OK from their BEST except for the final score but that's another story.

T-Light
06-12-2010, 09:11 PM
Lightwolf -

Elfenbein being the German term for ivory
Weird question, but it's that time of the night.
In German is there a relationship between Elefant and Elf? Just seems weird having...
elephant bone (sort of) = ivory = elfbein

Oedo 808

I wonder will Red Bull let their golden boy Vettel run Webber off the road again and still blow smoke up his arse.
If you swapped out Vettels Red Bull for any other teams car, Red Bull would have been screaming blue murder. 100% Vettels fault. Wouldn't have thought Vettel was a shrinking violet in need of team backing like this. Maybe I'm wrong. Going to watch Him really closely today on the sharp turns, might just a see a teddy bear or two flying out the cockpit.

akademus
06-12-2010, 09:53 PM
Patriotically I'm for Serbia, today is the first match against Ghana. But I'm also backing up Germany, Oz and Brazil for several other reasons.

It'll be fun this year.

BTW. there are a lot of venues like large tents and mini stadiums made here in Dubai for football enjoyment, which is really awesome. I didn't expect that.

Lightwolf
06-13-2010, 05:40 AM
Lightwolf -

Weird question, but it's that time of the night.
In German is there a relationship between Elefant and Elf? Just seems weird having...
elephant bone (sort of) = ivory = elfbein

You know what? I just researched it and apparently I was wrong, it's got nothing to do with elves. You're actually a lot closer.
There is an old high-german root of "helfantbein" and helfant does indeed come from the latin elephantus and greek elephas which turned into the middle high-german helfant.
So it's literally just: Elephant bones.

There's worse ways to spend the time until the match starts ;)

Cheers,
Mike

archijam
06-13-2010, 08:34 AM
The facts are always disappointing ;)

Go Chipperfield! (who represents not only Australia, but FC Basel :D)

Waves of light
06-13-2010, 09:00 AM
Yep.. I'm not p'd of with the keeper, more the team. If we're expected to get to the fnal, then we need to be thumping teams like the USA 2 or 3-0. Green made up for it later with other saves, but I can't see Capello starting him in the next game.

Germany game will be interesting. And don't let the age of the team fool you, they will be solid, something I have always hated about the Germans.

Lightwolf
06-13-2010, 09:23 AM
Germany game will be interesting. And don't let the age of the team fool you, they will be solid, something I have always hated about the Germans.
Sorry... :D

Cheers,
Mike

Waves of light
06-13-2010, 09:47 AM
Sorry... :D

Cheers,
Mike

Sorry Mike... not in a bad 'we hate the germans' way... more envy. You will miss Ballack, but I can't see Australia getting three points from that game.

Lightwolf
06-13-2010, 09:55 AM
Sorry Mike... not in a bad 'we hate the germans' way... more envy.
Hehe, no worries - I didn't read it that way at all.

You will miss Ballack, but I can't see Australia getting three points from that game.
Some argue that we won't miss him at all. And I do like seeing my favourite player (Lahm) as captain.

Cheers,
Mike

archijam
06-13-2010, 01:00 PM
28 min in and Germany are on fire : / ......

The beers still good ;)

T-Light
06-13-2010, 01:15 PM
Lightwolf -

So it's literally just: Elephant bones.
Good to hear, thanks Mike. Switched off the laptop last night thinking I'd look like a complete ars* :D

I've seen the first 40 minutes of your match.
I think in the interests of Anglo German relations, we may have to swap teams :thumbsup:

Lightwolf
06-13-2010, 01:30 PM
I've seen the first 40 minutes of your match.
I think in the interests of Anglo German relations, we may have to swap teams :thumbsup:
I believe the Anglo-Saxons can still celebrate with us. Hey just because they emigrated ages ago... :D

Cheers
Mike

archijam
06-13-2010, 01:32 PM
It ain't pretty!

It's all because they keep chipperfield in defence ;) ...

Waves of light
06-13-2010, 01:56 PM
Once again, the Germans are taking the competition by storm. It's Italia 90 all over again.

Cageman
06-13-2010, 02:45 PM
Congrats to Germany!

But, the judge was kind of weird... Red card for that? Come on! If it would have been with the feet first etc, yes sure, but this was clearly not a deliberate action from the Australian player. Oh...and that other thing... a clear hands in the penalty area but no...

Weird stuff...

(sorry if I use describing words instead of correct terms, penalty area for example... I have no idea what that is called in English). I do hope that I make myself understood though.

Myagi
06-13-2010, 02:55 PM
But, the judge was kind of weird... Red card for that? Come on!

the ref was "hyped" as a card-nazi on german tv before the game, and he sure lived up to his rep :)

Oh...and that other thing... a clear hands in the penalty area but no...

I can't say I'm an expert, but I got the impression it would only be a penalty if deliberate, or if there was a chance to retract the hand, but since he had his arm close to his body and it wasn't intentional it shouldn't have been a penalty.

zarti
06-13-2010, 03:03 PM
congrats to all german fans !

Germany is the only team toward which i never feel regret if they Win the Wold Cup . =)

i always enjoy their matches . a really nice team this one .

beeeeer for everyoooooone !! :D

:beerchug::beerchug::beerchug::beerchug::beerchug:

T-Light
06-13-2010, 04:28 PM
Cageman -

sorry if I use describing words instead of correct terms, penalty area for example
Yup, penalty area or penalty box, either's good. Just noticed you're from Malmo, what's Ystadt like? My Dad and I are big fans of Wallander. My Dad switched over from the England game last night 15 minutes before the end just to catch the penultimate episode. Girlfriend would have fed my lovespuds to the cats if I'd tried that, I'll be waiting for the Thursday repeat. :thumbsup:

Lightwolf -

I believe the Anglo-Saxons can still celebrate with us. Hey just because they emigrated ages ago...:D
You're absolutley right, we're the same.
So...
I have an idea that could benefit us all. Two teams, same colours, same names.
We take the 95% of the German strip (white) and mix it with a mere 5% of the England strip (red and blue). We add some cuddly animals for the kids, say a couple of cats, three, make it three cats, three big cats.

We then take Deutschland and England and mix the two, you have a larger population so you get 4 letters to our 3. We'll have 'Eng' from England and you get 'Land' from Deutschland creating two brand new teams called Eng-Land.

Who could possibly complain?
Could you run it by Ms Merkel and get back to me? :thumbsup:

Lightwolf
06-13-2010, 05:11 PM
You're absolutley right, we're the same.
So...
I have an idea that could benefit us all. Two teams, same colours, same names.
We take the 95% of the German strip (white) and mix it with a mere 5% of the England strip (red and blue). We add some cuddly animals for the kids, say a couple of cats, three, make it three cats, three big cats.

We then take Deutschland and England and mix the two, you have a larger population so you get 4 letters to our 3. We'll have 'Eng' from England and you get 'Land' from Deutschland creating two brand new teams called Eng-Land.

Who could possibly complain?
Could you run it by Ms Merkel and get back to me? :thumbsup:
She just got back:
a) We'll only take the Queen on a trial period of 6 months - then she has to prove her worth. After all, we already have a President who resigned a few weeks ago.
b) The three big cats are o.k., but only if held in the claws of a big :chicken:
c) We'll take fish&chips (on Fridays only) and the pubs (you can keep the beer though).
d) We'll teach you how to make proper sausages, bread and cars
e) You get Merkel... and our foreign secretary as well :D
f) Since our nation has been relabeled to "Schland" during the last World Cup, we'd suggest renaming the conglomerate to "Scheng" - "Engsch" is an accepted alternative (close to the German root of "Welsh").
g) None of this two countries separated by a common language bollocks.
h) Crouch and Lahm will be the joint captains of the unified national team.
i) The other english players will be retired, except for Rooney who can act as a joker in the last 5 minutes of every game.

I believe that sums up her initial ideas. :D

Cheers,
Mike

COBRASoft
06-13-2010, 06:29 PM
well done germany! lahm is one of my favorites too. klose should have scored at least 1 goal more.

about the red card, that australian player was way too late with his tackle. i play soccer 3 to 4 times a week and you simply don't do that. a yellow card would have been better. the refs got their guidelines to be harder when players 'are to late'...

tomorrow: the netherlands and later italy. should both be interesting.

Lightwolf
06-13-2010, 06:42 PM
about the red card, that australian player was way too late with his tackle. i play soccer 3 to 4 times a week and you simply don't do that. a yellow card would have been better.
Absolutely. The red was to harsh, yellow would have been o.k.

Cheers,
Mike

warmiak
06-13-2010, 08:46 PM
Once again, the Germans are taking the competition by storm. It's Italia 90 all over again.

Oh come on, beating Aussies doesn't mean all that much :-)

Let's wait and see...

Matt
06-14-2010, 02:25 AM
Nice win for Germany, and yes, that sending off was overly harsh. It was difficult to know who support in that match, with Germany being the old rivals (football wise) but the Aussies also love to beat us 'Pommes' at everything, so, I was kinda on the side of the Germans!

Germany FTW, oh, wait, we're still in it, England FTW! :D

JohnMarchant
06-14-2010, 02:39 AM
Oh come on, beating Aussies doesn't mean all that much :-)

Let's wait and see...

I have to congratulate Germany on a win, but looking at the FIFA world rankings if you could not beat Australia you should probably have gone home there and then. Red card, for what, that was harsh.

Its funny i also noticed how far up the FIFA world ranks the USA are in, No 14, apparently its because quite a few play outside the US, allot in the UK. Well kind of makes me feel that we did not do as bad as i had thought, well are from Butterfingers. I think we all (well in Europe)expect the USA to be crap but they are coming along quite well.

JohnMarchant
06-14-2010, 02:42 AM
Nice win for Germany, and yes, that sending off was overly harsh. It was difficult to know who support in that match, with Germany being the old rivals (football wise) but the Aussies also love to beat us 'Pommes' at everything, so, I was kinda on the side of the Germans!

Germany FTW, oh, wait, we're still in it, England FTW! :D

Yeah but there seems to be allot of Pommies beating Australia at the moment, well apart from the last Rugby match, Martin Johnston needs to sort this crap out.

JohnMarchant
06-14-2010, 02:44 AM
I want FIFA to ban these VUVU (whatever) they are called. To noisy, there are allot of complaints from players, managers and the media about them. Like they did not know what to expect, it was widely reported on these and complained about even then.

glebe digital
06-14-2010, 03:37 AM
I blame the Sun.....

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/fan_shot_images/88572/the-sun-world-cup-2010.jpg

My hypothesis will either stand [or fall] once England eek out a draw with Algeria & then lose to Slovenia.....we're still paying back karma for that revolting 'Achtung' headline in '96.

JohnMarchant
06-14-2010, 04:03 AM
I blame the Sun.....

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/fan_shot_images/88572/the-sun-world-cup-2010.jpg

My hypothesis will either stand [or fall] once England eek out a draw with Algeria & then lose to Slovenia.....we're still paying back karma for that revolting 'Achtung' headline in '96.

And you expected something different from the red tops, but yeah hte problem is we always over hype our team as if they are the best in the world and frankly they are not. They are good but not nearly the best, i even think our FIFA world ranking of 8th is a bit optimistic

Matt
06-14-2010, 04:09 AM
I blame the Sun.....

Many, including me, HATE that trash rag of a so-called 'newspaper'.

It's sensationalist, reactionary, biased, intrusive, dumbed-down, pile of crap. I wish it would go out of business.

Matt
06-14-2010, 04:13 AM
the problem is we always over hype our team as if they are the best in the world and frankly they are not. They are good but not nearly the best, i even think our FIFA world ranking of 8th is a bit optimistic

100% agree, bottom-line, there is this expectation we should win, but as you say, we're just not THAT good at all.

Don't know about you, but I'm BORED of all the 1966 'Glory Days' bull that gets dragged up every World Cup too, I find it laughable that it's meant to boost morale or something when all it does is highlight how long since we last won anything!

glebe digital
06-14-2010, 04:22 AM
Agree this perpetual 'spirit of 66' nonsense is just laughable.....add in a bit o' Dunkirk, Waterloo & Agincourt & you have a recipe for cultural disaster every four years.
nice....

Dodgy
06-14-2010, 04:29 AM
LOL All the world cups I've seen apart from the last one England find a way to make it a nail biter for the last group match. They just can't seem to make it easy on themselves...

Matt
06-14-2010, 04:34 AM
Agree this perpetual 'spirit of 66' nonsense is just laughable.....add in a bit o' Dunkirk, Waterloo & Agincourt & you have a recipe for cultural disaster every four years.
nice....

England - living in the past because the present is borked! :D

Matt
06-14-2010, 05:19 AM
Apparently, ITV Digital went down during the England match, so subscribers missed the first goal, my boss showed me this post on a West Brom' fan forum, genius and funny! :)

OnlineRender
06-14-2010, 05:20 AM
My £10 Trbl for today .

Japan Win , Holland Win , Italy Win !

T-Light
06-14-2010, 06:23 AM
Lightwolf -

She just got back:
a) We'll only take the Queen on a trial period of 6 months - then she has to prove her worth. After all, we already have a President who resigned a few weeks ago.
b) The three big cats are o.k., but only if held in the claws of a big
c) We'll take fish&chips (on Fridays only) and the pubs (you can keep the beer though).
d) We'll teach you how to make proper sausages, bread and cars
e) You get Merkel... and our foreign secretary as well
f) Since our nation has been relabeled to "Schland" during the last World Cup, we'd suggest renaming the conglomerate to "Scheng" - "Engsch" is an accepted alternative (close to the German root of "Welsh").
g) None of this two countries separated by a common language bollocks.
h) Crouch and Lahm will be the joint captains of the unified national team.
i) The other english players will be retired, except for Rooney who can act as a joker in the last 5 minutes of every game.

I believe that sums up her initial ideas.
Righto, Dave and Nick have just got back to me.

They say they're fine with the above so long as we can swap national defecits. They're also quite happy to adopt Merkel and friend, so long as you adopt Blair and Brown. They say that's a HUGE Bonus as it'll give you someone to point at and blame when the economy goes pair shaped.

Alternatively, they say we'll keep our pear shaped economy for the forseeable future, on the strict understanding that by Friday of this week...

...We have swapped goalies. :agree:

Lightwolf
06-14-2010, 06:35 AM
Righto, Dave and Nick have just got back to me.

They say they're fine with the above so long as we can swap national defecits. They're also quite happy to adopt Merkel and friend, so long as you adopt Blair and Brown. They say that's a HUGE Bonus as it'll give you someone to point at and blame when the economy goes pair shaped.
Hm, that's precisely why we were going to send Merkel and Westerwell over to the UK...

Alternatively, they say we'll keep our pear shaped economy for the forseeable future, on the strict understanding that by Friday of this week...

...We have swapped goalies. :agree:
Oh, you can keep Green, we do have a few that we could send over anyhow (they're all good). I'd suggest one who's got plenty of experience playing in the UK, is kind of bored right now and also has no problems playing with old geezers (he's also a penalty killer, something that's bound to be useful if you meet our team in a match): Lehmann :D

Cheers,
Mike

zardoz
06-14-2010, 06:47 AM
well, at least Portugal isn't going to play against England (at least for now)...that game with end with penalties and...ah well you know the result ;)

T-Light
06-14-2010, 06:52 AM
Lightwolf -

Hm, that's precisely why we were going to send Merkel and Westerwell over to the UK...
Brown and Blair make Merkell and Westerwall look like financial geniuses. Are we still good to go on this one?

Lightwolf -

I'd suggest one who's got plenty of experience playing in the UK, is kind of bored right now and also has no problems playing with old geezers (he's also a penalty killer, something that's bound to be useful if you meet our team in a match): Lehmann
OK I see your point. We'll keep green.

But, in the interests of international fairness, could we swap the new ball for something more appropriate, especially in penalty shootouts?

Good grip, good in the wet, decades of international testing, durable, and... even Green might have a chance with it.
http://www.beatportal.com/uploads/news/1206071535_beachball.jpg

Lightwolf
06-14-2010, 07:01 AM
Brown and Blair make Merkell and Westerwall look like financial geniuses. Are we still good to go on this one?
No problem at all. Brace yourself for endless bickering within the coalition and pointless budget decisions. Which seems to be a combination of what you had and what you have ;)

OK I see your point. We'll keep green. Oh, I'd certainly take Lehmann any day...

But, in the interests of international fairness, could we swap the new ball for something more appropriate, especially in penalty shootouts?
I love the idea, it also goes very well with the African theme.

Cheers,
Mike

Matt
06-14-2010, 07:06 AM
well, at least Portugal isn't going to play against England (at least for now)...that game with end with penalties and...ah well you know the result ;)

I'm still not talking to you after the last time! :D

Matt
06-14-2010, 07:07 AM
So, the big question is ...

Vuvuzelas - should they be banned?

:D

T-Light
06-14-2010, 07:16 AM
Matt -

Vuvuzelas - should they be banned?
Yeah, I'm not one for banning stuff, but these things are way too loud.

Big thing about the world cup is the atmosphere, different instruments for different nations, the chanting crowds, clap... clap... clap clap clap etc. It's all missing. They really have to go. Apparently the officials knew this would happen, they should have done something earlier.

Maybe they should introduce a temporary national instrument of Africa...
http://www.millypietoys.co.uk/images/categories/childrens_party_accessories.jpg

Matt
06-14-2010, 07:25 AM
Matt -

Yeah, I'm not one for banning stuff, but these things are way too loud.

Big thing about the world cup is the atmosphere, different instruments for different nations, the chanting crowds, clap... clap... clap clap clap etc. It's all missing. They really have to go. Apparently the officials knew this would happen, they should have done something earlier.

Maybe they should introduce a temporary national instrument of Africa...
http://www.millypietoys.co.uk/images/categories/childrens_party_accessories.jpg

I don't have a problem with them being blown when goals are scored, someone has a decent run or any other big 'moment', but ALL the time? Can't hear anything else, chants, crowd etc. kinda ruins it a little, but it's how it's done over there, guess we just need to deal with it.

Does sound like a constant droning swarm of bees though!

jasonwestmas
06-14-2010, 10:25 AM
Wow, is that what that droning sound is? That was really distracting. Kind of like those long foam things that fans wave in back of the basket during a free-throw in basketball.

realgray
06-14-2010, 11:05 AM
Ok, somebody help me learn this game. What's with all the tying business? It is foreign to me. Wouldn't it been a lot more fun to say overtime and declare the next team to score wins?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmRAiUPdRjk

T-Light
06-14-2010, 11:42 AM
realgrey -

Wouldn't it been a lot more fun to say overtime and declare the next team to score wins?
That's called golden goal, you won't see it until the next round.

For this round you get 90 minutes + injury time and that's your lot. The two teams with the highest points after the first round of matches go through to the next round.

Next round, each game is a knockout.

90 minutes played as above, if it's a draw then they play a further 30 minutes (15 each side). If it's still a draw then it's golden goal for a stretch. Then comes the penalties :devil:

[EDIT] - Course I could be wrong, I only watch footy once every 2 years :D

Lightwolf
06-14-2010, 12:11 PM
That's called golden goal, you won't see it until the next round.
90 minutes played as above, if it's a draw then they play a further 30 minutes (15 each side). If it's still a draw then it's golden goal for a stretch. Then comes the penalties :devil:

There is no golden goal - that was dropped in 2006.
So it's 2x15 minutes over time, then penalties.

The current first round is played more like a bunch of small leagues. The two winners of every group will then proceed to the knock-out stage.

Cheers,
Mike

T-Light
06-14-2010, 12:23 PM
Oh, there we go then, cheers Mike.

Shame though, don't know anyone that likes it going to penalities.

glebe digital
06-14-2010, 12:31 PM
onlinerender - two for two....looking good so far.

Lightwolf
06-14-2010, 01:21 PM
Shame though, don't know anyone that likes it going to penalities.
Well, it's a lot better than penalties during the game ;)

Cheers,
Mike

COBRASoft
06-14-2010, 02:49 PM
Poor games today, I expected a lot more from The Netherlands and Italy.

Tomorrow: BRAZIL!!! You have to know, I'm always for Spain, Argentina and Germany, but my girlfriend is Brazilian... Interesting weeks in our house :D!

Matt
06-14-2010, 03:04 PM
I actually love the high drama of penalties, although as an Englishmen, I loathe them too, because we suck at them, we have little belief when taking them.

Matt
06-14-2010, 03:05 PM
There is no golden goal - that was dropped in 2006.
So it's 2x15 minutes over time, then penalties.

The current first round is played more like a bunch of small leagues. The two winners of every group will then proceed to the knock-out stage.

Cheers,
Mike

Nice clear description there Mike! :)

Okay, who wants to explain the offside rule? :D

JohnMarchant
06-14-2010, 03:10 PM
Italy - 1 Paraguay - 1, Italy were lucky as well.

JohnMarchant
06-14-2010, 03:11 PM
Poor games today, I expected a lot more from The Netherlands and Italy.

Tomorrow: BRAZIL!!! You have to know, I'm always for Spain, Argentina and Germany, but my girlfriend is Brazilian... Interesting weeks in our house :D!

Well im English and my wife is French so maybe some interesting times ahead, if our goalie can keep his nerve.

Mind you my wife admits France should not really be there anyway ;);););)

COBRASoft
06-14-2010, 03:35 PM
Simple offside rule: when the referee at the side wings his flag :D.

Basic thing is: the attackers have to stay behind or be in equal line with the defenders before the pass is given in their direction. Mind this rule only counts when the attackers are on the other teams play half of the field. There are some more exceptions but they are very rare.

Lightwolf
06-14-2010, 04:27 PM
Simple offside rule: when the referee at the side wings his flag :D.

Basic thing is: the attackers have to stay behind or be in equal line with the defenders before the pass is given in their direction. Mind this rule only counts when the attackers are on the other teams play half of the field. There are some more exceptions but they are very rare.
Not as rare as one would think, there were a few exceptions at play yesterday and today (active players or the goal keeper being on the other side of the ball).

I prefer your first definition - coupled with those fancy Orad animations to explain it ;)

Cheers,
Mike

Titus
06-14-2010, 06:13 PM
Someone sent me an image of the criteria for blowing a vuvusela:

Oedo 808
06-14-2010, 11:47 PM
Someone sent me an image of the criteria for blowing a vuvusela:

Lmao, that's a classic. :D

Limbus
06-15-2010, 01:29 AM
I actually love the high drama of penalties, although as an Englishmen, I loathe them too, because we suck at them, we have little belief when taking them.

Can't wait for the penalty shootout against england in the 8th final. :)

Cheers

Matt
06-15-2010, 02:03 AM
Can't wait for the penalty shootout against england in the 8th final. :)

Cheers

If we even make it there!

zarti
06-15-2010, 03:34 AM
today plays my favorite team; BRASIL !

http://www.newtek.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=85658&stc=1&d=1276595326

everyone ( except its ' direct ' opponent ) smiles when they have the ball ... :)

for me being a Brazilian fan , it is always fun and most of the times ' a well-paid spiritual consumption ' :D

let the fun begin ! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gONLNiFUYhE)

T-Light
06-15-2010, 04:13 AM
On the vuvusela front.

There was a guy on radio 4 yesterday saying the vuvusela kicks out 100 decibels at some distance and a whopping 130 decibels by the trumpet end (same as a jet engine). Anyone see the little girl in the crowd at the Italian match wearing ear defenders?

The fact that some people in the crowds know how serious this is and the authorities knew about the problem before the tournament started (but chose not to warn anyone) has all the properties of a class action law suit.

OK, I might be on a downer for the constant swarm of bees, but for the crowds, this is serious stuff.

Matt
06-15-2010, 09:38 AM
Just got this through email, a win? Huh? How does that work exactly? :D

(The Bunker Hill reference is also incorrect!)

Chris S. (Fez)
06-15-2010, 10:55 AM
Just got this through email, a win? Huh? How does that work exactly? :D

(The Bunker Hill reference is also incorrect!)

Sarcasm is the closest thing to a religion most New Yorkers have...hence the headline :D.

Captain Obvious: Given the country's exceptionally low expectations for the team, the US won merely by not losing.

Bunker Hill was indeed a British victory but it was also a "victory" for the colonialists in that it damaged British moral and showed that the yanks could battle the Brits without getting completely slaughtered.

Chris S. (Fez)
06-15-2010, 11:10 AM
This Star Wars Adidas ad could have been better:

http://www.mediaite.com/online/star-wars-gets-perverted-further-for-world-cup-adidas-ad/

zarti
06-15-2010, 02:33 PM
rare goal the first . wasn't it ?? :)

Cageman
06-15-2010, 03:13 PM
Cageman -

Yup, penalty area or penalty box, either's good. Just noticed you're from Malmo, what's Ystadt like? My Dad and I are big fans of Wallander. My Dad switched over from the England game last night 15 minutes before the end just to catch the penultimate episode. Girlfriend would have fed my lovespuds to the cats if I'd tried that, I'll be waiting for the Thursday repeat. :thumbsup:

Well, I'm not from Malmö. I moved here in September 2006 when I got a full time position at Massive Entertainment (nowdays Ubisoft Entertainment Sweden). :D

I have not been to Ystad though... frankly speaking, I pretty much only know my way to/from work as I havn't had that much interrest in exploring Malmö that much, even less so the surrounding cities. :)

But hey... Wallander is cool. He was on one of those boats trying to transfer food and medical supplies to Palestina, but got borded by the Israel millitary (on international water even). As far as I know, he got captured and was sent to prison in Israel and later released on a plane back to Sweden.

What an adventure....

Matt
06-15-2010, 03:14 PM
rare goal the first . wasn't it ?? :)

That first goal was indeed something, didn't even look like he had the angle, still not sure how it went in!

Well done to North Korea for pulling one back though, not a bad goal either!

zardoz
06-15-2010, 04:01 PM
I enjoyed Brazil vs NKorea... I was surprised by korea.
Our game simply sucked. Portugal didn't play very well, but nobody here is happy with the team, because everybody thinks the coach took the wrong players.
So we don't have very high hopes on our team. Everybody is expecting C. Ronaldo to do everything alone, but that is simply impossible.
Maybe against korea we can play better.

COBRASoft
06-15-2010, 04:48 PM
Portugal misses Nani, no? Ronaldo is good (just like Ronaldinho and Messi). Those players can have that 1 godlike moment and change the game completely. Unfortunately Ronaldinho was not even selected for this WC :(.

Brazil: I wasn't impressed overall, but that first goal was made while that player was running more than 30km/h and scored with the outside part of his foot. A very difficult kick, specially at that speed. Very, very nice done! Korea impressed me, Beautiful goal. Brazil will have to watch out with their defence against better teams IMO.

This leaves 1 more team to watch out for: Spain. I hope they will bring the soccer level everybody is waiting for. Until now only Germany succeeded somehow at that and a little bit Argentina.

T-Light
06-15-2010, 09:46 PM
Cageman -

But hey... Wallander is cool. He was on one of those boats trying to transfer food and medical supplies to Palestina
Thanks Cageman, 4 years in Malmo and you've never been to Ystadt? it's practically walking distance (kidding) :thumbsup:

So Wallander (Krister Henriksson) was arrested in the Israeli raids the other week? that's amazing, there's been nothing mentioned over here, thanks for the info.

Or, was it a different 'Wallander' actor? there's a lot of them about.

realgray
06-16-2010, 12:25 AM
Go Spain!

http://www.maxwellrender.com/news/world_cup_promo.php

Cageman
06-16-2010, 03:00 AM
Or, was it a different 'Wallander' actor? there's a lot of them about.

Oh...

I was thinking about the author Wallander. :D

Nevermind.... *lol*

EDIT:

Sorry, I've been kind of an idiot here. :) Kurt Wallander is a fictive character that author Henning Mankell came up with. So, I was reffering to Henning Mankell when I talked about Wallander being arrested in Israel. I just made a mixup between Mankell and one of his fictive characters. *sigh*

archijam
06-16-2010, 07:40 AM
Check this out :D

http://www.waves.com/content.aspx?id=5798

T-Light
06-16-2010, 07:54 AM
Cageman -

I was reffering to Henning Mankell when I talked about Wallander

No problem. But that's even more bizarre. Mankell's one of the best selling crime authors of all time [Edit - His books are translated in 40 languages], you'd think that's worthy of a mention, instead we heard nothing, not a titter.

Thank's again for the news Cageman, just read a story on the whole boat seige saga, interesting stuff. Unfortunately, at the end it mentioned the plot to the final Wallander novel :cursin: :D

On a completely different note, good luck Spain and Switzerland :thumbsup:

COBRASoft
06-16-2010, 08:22 AM
Nice game from Chili, they impressed me. Pitty they couldn't score more goals.

Go Spain!

T-Light
06-16-2010, 08:25 AM
archijam -

Check this out

http://www.waves.com/content.aspx?id=5798

I mentioned last weekend that the BBC may be using this sort of tech on their Saturday broadcast, a guy from the BBC on Monday said they were. :thumbsup:

Problem still remains for the crowds in the stadium though, and the vuvuzela's still mask the normal team fan noises. There was a post yesterday showing 9 times to blow a vuvuzela, if they were the only times they were blown that would be fine. Instead there's another three to add to that list.

1) If you can see someone blowing a vuvuzela, blow your vuvuzela.
2) If you can see someone not blowing a vuvuzela, blow your vuvuzela.
And if all else fails...
3) If there's a 'y' in the day, blow your vuvezela

There's something else too, authorities are worried that this is the lowest scoring first round in a world cup, not surprising when they can't hear the fans in the stadium. Vuvuzela's may be killing the crowd fed adreneline.

[EDIT] me = killjoy

Lightwolf
06-16-2010, 08:34 AM
There's something else too, authorities are worried that this is the lowest scoring first round in a world cup, not surprising when they can't hear the fans in the stadium. Vuvuzela's may be killing the crowd fed adreneline.

Hm, I didn't see a problem for the German team ;)

Cheers,
Mike

COBRASoft
06-16-2010, 08:58 AM
Lightwolf: I just hope Germany didn't shoot all their arrows already :D. I expect a lot of them though.

Lightwolf
06-16-2010, 09:01 AM
Lightwolf: I just hope Germany didn't shoot all their arrows already :D. I expect a lot of them though.
I hope so too... it would be a shame if that energy would be gone in the next game.

Cheers,
Mike

T-Light
06-16-2010, 09:06 AM
Vuvuzela's in perspective...

K'Tel's finest sporting moments of the 2010 World Cup.

Who could forget the spectacular opening play from South Africa...
"PuuuuMuuuUUUUMeeeeeUUUEUUUuuuuuuNEEEEEUuuuuPaauuu"

Or Gerrard's first England goal of the touranament...

Or indeed the brilliant first goal from Brazil

The amazing 4 goal opener from Germany

What about the fightback from plucky North Korea against one of the most powerfull teams of all time...

The throw'ins...

The fouls...

The free kicks...

The players off at at half time...

All these and many more atmospheric classics, guaranteed to have you reaching for the razor blades within minutes, available from a good music stockist near you.

shrox
06-16-2010, 09:09 AM
Over a dozen attractive women ousted from World Cup!!

http://g.sports.yahoo.com/soccer/world-cup/news/world-dutch-women-arrested-over-ambush-marketing--fbintl_reu-worldarrest.html

T-Light
06-16-2010, 09:26 AM
Lightwolf -

Hm, I didn't see a problem for the German team ;)
Come along now Mike, we all know the German team are robots secretly built by BMW. I'd join the anti-vuvzula campaign if I were you, Within a few matches, when your boys are still running about like gazelles and all the other teams have lost the will to live, the world will surely wake up to your dastardly mechanoid plan. :D

T-Light
06-16-2010, 09:36 AM
shrox -

Over a dozen attractive women ousted from World Cup!!
Disgracefull, at the very outside just ban them from the games. Instead two of them are appearing in court!. What are they going to charge them with, being 'orange minidress wearing anti Budweiser subversives'? I'm pretty sure that's not a crime.

zarti
06-16-2010, 09:58 AM
spain; it wasn't your day ... =(

Lightwolf
06-16-2010, 10:02 AM
spain; it wasn't your day ... =(
Well, it surely was Switzerlands day...

Cheers,
Mike

Chris S. (Fez)
06-16-2010, 10:40 AM
Well done Switzerland. Surviving 5 minutes of stoppage time too...

archijam
06-16-2010, 10:44 AM
.. Almost missed my train. The Swiss have gone nuts :)

langstrasse is closed for traffic due to spontaneous swissness..

I'll stick to holland thanks :D

archijam
06-16-2010, 10:45 AM
.. Almost missed my train. The Swiss have gone nuts :)

langstrasse is closed for traffic due to spontaneous swissness..

I'll stick to holland thanks :D

Limbus
06-16-2010, 10:48 AM
Wow, one of the best games yet. Congrats to switzerland.

Chris S. (Fez)
06-16-2010, 11:24 AM
But hey... Wallander is cool. He was on one of those boats trying to transfer food and medical supplies to Palestina, but got borded by the Israel millitary (on international water even).

Purely FYI, the consensus among maritime legal scholars seems to be that it is technically legal for Israel to board a belligerent ship in international waters to uphold a blockade against a hostile state:

http://in.reuters.com/article/idINIndia-48994620100602

zarti
06-16-2010, 11:52 AM
Wow, one of the best games yet. Congrats to switzerland.

yes . and strangely switzerland was a lot more dangerous when they had one or two attackers on spain's defense zone .

nice game .

T-Light
06-16-2010, 11:53 AM
Chris S. (Fez)

Purely FYI, the consensus among maritime legal scholars seems to be that it is technically legal for Israel to board a belligerent ship in international waters to uphold a blockade against a hostile state:
No idea Chris, there'll always be people wishing to decide what's legal / illegal on these matters, depends on who sides with who, who's pro, who's against, who's spinning for whom etc. Look at Iraq.

Found something funny in the article I read on Mankell though. He was taken from International waters to Israel by the military. They charged him with 'entering Israel illegally'. He said "How?, you brought me here!". :D

-------------------------------------------------------------

Wayhey, half an hour to go till the second round :thumbsup:

Chris S. (Fez)
06-16-2010, 12:10 PM
Found something funny in the article I read on Mankell though. He was taken from International waters to Israel by the military. They charged him with 'entering Israel illegally'. He said "How?, you brought me here!". :D

That is funny. Reminds me of an incident where cops in NY recorded a tow truck driver as he towed a legally parked car to an illegal spot, took a picture, and started to tow it away (he was interrupted by his own arrest).

I think both sides are grievously guilty of being unable/unwilling to see the POV of the other side.

Anyways, no offense to the home team but...go Uruguay!

T-Light
06-16-2010, 03:01 PM
Chris S (Fez)

Anyways, no offense to the home team but...go Uruguay!
Wayhey, you'll be happy then :thumbsup:

Just not South Africa's night. Quite surprised to see the goalie get a red card, how much have the rules changed here?

Chris S. (Fez)
06-16-2010, 03:36 PM
Chris S (Fez)

Just not South Africa's night. Quite surprised to see the goalie get a red card, how much have the rules changed here?

Yea, seems to me the Uruguay guy knew the rules favored him and flopped. It was a technically correct call but unnecessary IMO.

Sure silenced those vuvuzelas though...

Matt
06-16-2010, 05:07 PM
Chris S (Fez)Just not South Africa's night. Quite surprised to see the goalie get a red card, how much have the rules changed here?

That red card was a bit steep IMO. Yellow at worst. But SA just didn't play very well.

zarti
06-16-2010, 05:24 PM
Sure silenced those vuvuzelas though...

within miliseconds i thought the earth stopped rotating , ... then i thought my tv set's audio was broken ... :D

but then , those started again and everything went back normal ...

p.s.: well not so normal for some others ..
http://web.up.ac.za/sitefiles/news/large/46/848/59972531Vuvuzela%20photo.JPG

.http://web.up.ac.za/default.asp?ipkCategoryID=6530&articleID=2531

COBRASoft
06-16-2010, 05:39 PM
Our television channel has found a way to minimize the noise somehow. I've watched BBC for a moment and there the sound was much louder. Belgium is at least good for something sometimes :D.

Titus
06-16-2010, 06:26 PM
TV channels can dim the noise if they want, it's not that hard really.

Matt
06-17-2010, 03:35 AM
On the plus side, the Vuvuzelas has really helped boost the honey output from my Bee hive, the workers think they have competition and thus work harder! Bonus!

(Not really)

OnlineRender
06-17-2010, 04:08 AM
3X£2 DBL + £4 Trbl , Total Stake=£10

Thu 12:30 ARG v KOR 2-1
Thu 15:00 GRE v NGA 3-0
Thu 19:30 FRA v MEX 1-0

That's my flutter for today . . . " hate the world cup ,costing me a small fortune " :d

T-Light
06-17-2010, 06:03 AM
Matt -

On the plus side, the Vuvuzelas has really helped boost the honey output from my Bee hive
Beehive, that's a bold look Matt, must get you noticed eh?
http://www.hji.co.uk/hjimages/images/qhs27435/hji/medium/2007-blonde-beehive.jpg

T-Light
06-17-2010, 03:12 PM
Three good matches today.

Titus
06-17-2010, 03:39 PM
People was a little bit depressed, low expectations before the match. Now fanatics are gathering very close to my office and don't know how this is going to end. Police, helicopters, motorcylces, watch for the news tonight!

EDIT: Oh, a third of the employees reported sick today :D.

COBRASoft
06-17-2010, 05:05 PM
Bye bye France and South Africa for second round I guess.

Well done Argentina, but Messi, when will you make your first goal man :D?

Germany tomorrow, I have high expectations for that game.

England, also tomorrow... Green? Butterfingers? Or will they finally show they're a real soccer nation? I really hope so!

Matt
06-18-2010, 02:37 AM
Oh dear France, it looks like you've not turned up to this World Cup, shame, well done Mexico!

Well, tonight promises more hurt and anguish (probably) for our dear old England team!

CaptainMarlowe
06-18-2010, 03:03 AM
YEP.

As for France : 1998 : champions
2002 : didn't pass the first step
2006 : vice-champions
2010 : probably won't pass the first step...
Is there some kind of mathematic suite appearing here ?
We'll take rendez-vous for the next championship. ;)

COBRASoft
06-18-2010, 05:03 AM
According to a brazilian forecaster, Germany will win this year and Brazil in 4 years... Let's see :).

zarti
06-18-2010, 06:09 AM
ger-srb 0-1

Ooops

Lightwolf
06-18-2010, 07:24 AM
ger-srb 0-1

Ooops
Ouch indeed. Well, that's what happens if your striker decides to catch a red and you miss a penalty.

Cheers,
Mike

zarti
06-18-2010, 08:02 AM
Ouch indeed. Well, that's what happens if your striker decides to catch a red and you miss a penalty.

Cheers,
Mike

those two should divide between them the responsibility .

i still do not get why Klose did that the second time . a defender might be ' justified ' to act like that in extreme situations , but an attacker ?! two times !?!
his mistake , looking at consequences , is comparable with that of the england's goalkeeper . =(

from that point everything went down .

even "masters" have missed penalties , but if he would score , maybe the Germany could have won . that's my " if ".

anyway ; good luck next match ! Go Germany !! :)

Lightwolf
06-18-2010, 08:16 AM
from that point everything went down .

Well, at least it wasn't as bad as the last match by France... But that's about it.

Cheers,
Mike

Matt
06-18-2010, 08:33 AM
Oops! Slovenia 1 - USA 0 (so far!)

COBRASoft
06-18-2010, 08:49 AM
2-0 so far

Chris S. (Fez)
06-18-2010, 09:38 AM
2-0 so far

2-2

Matt
06-18-2010, 09:40 AM
2-2

Yeah great comeback!

At least this way it makes our efforts not as bad, USA are playing well!

Chris S. (Fez)
06-18-2010, 09:45 AM
Reallly questionable call. The ref took back a US goal. Even if US was offsides (replays clearly show they weren't) it should have been a PK. In my biased opinion :)

Andyjaggy
06-18-2010, 09:56 AM
Lame ref. We should have had that one.

zarti
06-18-2010, 10:48 AM
the replay showed that players were doing some " ballroom dancing " a bit ' intensively ' , but they seemed happy . 8)

the goal was correct ! , but that's football ( soccer ) ! =(

T-Light
06-18-2010, 10:49 AM
1hr 45 mins to see England equal the result of France, Germany's and Spain's last games 8~

Oooh tense, Carlsberg's at the ready, Pizza on for 7 and the girlfriends Mom popping round to see the match.

glebe digital
06-18-2010, 10:54 AM
U.S was robbed........tons of 'grit' in that team.

linksys
06-18-2010, 11:31 AM
Today the refs made the game on both the German and US game. Germany - Serbia to many cards and alot of wrong decisions.
On the USA - Slovenia match a not given goal for the US team....
There is no fun in watching football when the refs rule the game and not the players.

Chris S. (Fez)
06-18-2010, 11:45 AM
Agreed. Let the players play.

Depending on how England does today, we should have a very exciting/suspenseful 3rd round in group C.

I picked Germany to win it all. Surprising setback but they are still in the running.

Lightwolf
06-18-2010, 11:55 AM
Agreed. Let the players play.
On the other hand... they should be able to adapt to the ref.

Surprising setback but they are still in the running.
It wouldn't be the first time that they lost the second match and made it into the finals.
Well, or just look at Italy during the last WC.

Cheers,
Mike

zarti
06-18-2010, 12:20 PM
you can use another fresh reference from this WC ; france ;)

this game is really important for england, so hope refs do not mess .

imo, hard judgments should be made referring to video playbacks .
imagine any semifinal or even the final itself gone ' wrong ' . :/

Chris S. (Fez)
06-18-2010, 12:23 PM
Mike

It was an ugly game...the ball seemed stuck in the midfield. More like a mosh pit than a soccer match at times, especially since they had all the space in the world against the Aussies.

Can Klose play in the next game?

Lightwolf
06-18-2010, 12:23 PM
imo, hard judgments should be made referring to video playbacks .
imagine any semifinal or even the final itself gone ' wrong ' . :/
That would make the whole thing boring... which should be left to that other football ;)

Cheers,
Mike

Lightwolf
06-18-2010, 12:24 PM
Can Klose play in the next game?
I believe so, as it wasn't a direct red.

Then again, the offensive isn't the problem in that team either.

Cheers,
Mike

zarti
06-18-2010, 12:25 PM
not everything , but extreme occasions ; why not ?!

edit: the fourth or the fifth refere with a monitor ...

warmiak
06-18-2010, 12:37 PM
That would make the whole thing boring... which should be left to that other football ;)

Cheers,
Mike

Why ?

Right now it is all about influencing the ref ... which translates into a spectacle full of ridiculous gestures and fake behavior - personally, I could do without it.

Andyjaggy
06-18-2010, 12:44 PM
I agree watching American football can be kind of boring, I've never liked to watch it, way to much downtime. BUT I don't understand how the refs calls in soccer can't be disputed, whatever they say go's, no matter what, even if it's obvious from video they are completely wrong.

And what the heck is up with never knowing exactly when the game is going to end!!?? American's really don't get soccer. :)

Oedo 808
06-18-2010, 12:57 PM
Ugh! I can't stand football sometimes, I've really got into some matches but I don't think I can bear to watch any of this one. The trouble with the mentality of your average English football fan is that, England could play utter **** for 90 minutes, score in injury time because the ball deflected off the back of Rooney's head while he was trying to locate the smell of banana in the crowd, and then the fans will claim England were magnificent.

I'm not that big a rugby fan, but it's refreshing to see the fourth official give speedy judgements after any tough to call play, more often than not, it takes less time to get that than it does for the players to stop moaning at the ref in football.

And in rugby if you argue, it's straight into the sin bin.

kosmodave
06-18-2010, 01:30 PM
England are playing their usual poor stuff. Interesting watching the match on ITV where the commentators seem to be always bigging England up even when they were leaving the Algeria lots of space etc, so I turned down the sound on the TV and plugged my lap top in and tuned into Radio Five live just in time to hear the commentator say " England are appalling " . Yep Yep i'm going to stick to the radio from now on. :)

Also the Bees aren't so loud....

Dave

zarti
06-18-2010, 01:42 PM
http://www.newtek.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=85742&stc=1&d=1276890032

... impressive !

Titus
06-18-2010, 01:53 PM
http://www.newtek.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=85742&stc=1&d=1276890032

... impressive !

Why is so impressive? Chileans have stone heads :devil:

Lightwolf
06-18-2010, 01:54 PM
Why ?

Because, as a human factor, it's a part of the game. And some refs handle the situation quite well (like the Saudi Arabian on in one of the matches yesterday). No arguing there.
In that sense the ref is a part of the game and not a machine to make sure the rules are followed (which can be bent either way anyhow, the difference between a red and a yellow is often a matter of interpretation: Not of an if but of a judgmental how).
It'd also be a lot less fun if there was no fuss about the decisions.

Cheers,
Mike

Titus
06-18-2010, 01:55 PM
I agree watching American football can be kind of boring, I've never liked to watch it, way to much downtime. BUT I don't understand how the refs calls in soccer can't be disputed, whatever they say go's, no matter what, even if it's obvious from video they are completely wrong.

Because the game wasn't designed for the tv, like many American sports.

zarti
06-18-2010, 02:06 PM
It'd also be a lot less fun if there was no fuss about the decisions.

would it be funny if ref would have not judged to give the penalty in germany's favor while it was 0-1 ??

what about the first goal against france yesterday ??

imo , as a good start , goals and penalties could and should be post-revised ; they affect too much the game afterward .

Titus
06-18-2010, 02:12 PM
would it be funny if ref would have not judged to give the penalty in germany's favor while it was 0-1 ??

what about the first goal against france yesterday ??

imo , as a good start , goals and penalties could and should be post-revised ; they affect to match the game afterward .

A hand decision was the cause of France going to the world cup instead of Ireland. Get used to mortal decisions.

Titus
06-18-2010, 02:17 PM
And don't start arguing about matches not having 4 quarters :D.

linksys
06-18-2010, 02:19 PM

Cheers,
Mike

Well the spanish ref was simply wrong on both sides with his cards not much to adopt there if the smallest tackling gives you a yellow card even Subotic of the Serbian Team said so.
It doesn´t bother me at all that we lost this match thats part of the game but that the decisions the refs. make are untouchable final decisions.
9 yellow cards in a game that was most time fairplay without really hard tacklings or fouls...... even the Bambinis sometimes play harder.

I like the idea of video playbacks you don´t need to have big breaks for that, videoediting is fast you get instant replays if needed so get 2 or 3 more refs in a videoroom and let them decide about the cards and goals that should be given or not. Hell we send robots to mars and control them but we can´t have a second pair of eyes on those sometimes match making ref decisions.
USA say thank you to the ref if you are out next week i really feel your pain well played so far:thumbsup:.

England whats up 2.draw? You can do better:beerchug:

zarti
06-18-2010, 02:21 PM
Get used to mortal decisions.

like main app or ' talent ' plugin crashes 3 days before the deadline ? ;)

JohnMarchant
06-18-2010, 02:23 PM
Well England scraped a draw again and could still go through, i rather hope they dont as they are embarrassing to watch.

Glad i never went to South Africa to watch this crap performance again.

T-Light
06-18-2010, 02:27 PM
What's the difference between England and a bucket of sh**.

The bucket!

I thankyou.

Starting to wonder how we ever made it to the cup.

kosmodave
06-18-2010, 02:29 PM
Well done Algeria :thumbsup:. we was rubbish..:cry:

Dave

kosmodave
06-18-2010, 02:31 PM
what's the difference between england and a bucket of sh**.

The bucket!

I thankyou.

lol.... :D

Dave

zarti
06-18-2010, 02:35 PM
What's the difference between England and a bucket of sh**.

The bucket!

I thankyou.

:D:D

:cry:

Panikos
06-18-2010, 04:21 PM
Brazil will win the cup. They "dance" and they are unpredictable. Sometimes ball disappears :)

Dodgy
06-18-2010, 05:39 PM
I told you we always find a way to make our qualification a knife edge thing!
Dopey baskets!

OnlineRender
06-19-2010, 09:23 AM
The England team went to visit an orphanage in South Africa this morning.
"It's good to put a smile on the faces of people with no hope, constantly struggling and facing the impossible" said Jamal Umboto aged 6.

JohnMarchant
06-19-2010, 09:53 AM
Well if a little perspective is needed, England have played rubbish so far but.

France Lose to a lesser team.
Germany Lose to a lesser team
Spain Lose to a lesser team (Spain were joint favorites as well).

At least we have not lost (yet :):):))

Titus
06-19-2010, 10:21 AM
Well if a little perspective is needed, England have played rubbish so far but.

France Lose to a lesser team.

What?

Please sir, choose your weapons! :)

JohnMarchant
06-19-2010, 10:26 AM
What?

Please sir, choose your weapons! :)

Footballs at 10 Paces ;);););).

I was quoting World Rankings here, that's all

JohnMarchant
06-19-2010, 10:28 AM
And while we are at it Titus, do your scripts especially dome of lights work with 9.6.1.

Regards John

Titus
06-19-2010, 11:43 AM
And while we are at it Titus, do your scripts especially dome of lights work with 9.6.1.

Regards John

Yes, they do. The RenderMan exporter is kind of abandonware now, though.

JohnMarchant
06-19-2010, 12:49 PM
Thanks allot mate, dont really need the renderman one, just really need the DoL script.

Regards John

zarti
06-20-2010, 12:57 PM
Boooo !

1-0

Go Brasil !!

JohnMarchant
06-20-2010, 01:04 PM
Cant believe Italy only got a draw with New Zealand, well done to New Zealand

zarti
06-20-2010, 01:37 PM
Boo Boo !