PDA

View Full Version : Display Options Problem

jaf
06-09-2010, 09:27 AM
I've noticed that if I change the color picker in the display options from Jovian to default, the next time I restart LW 9.6 (win x32 or x64) it goes back to Jovian. Other options in the Display Options panel seem to "stick".

Am I missing something obvious or is this a bug?

JohnMarchant
06-09-2010, 09:52 AM
Are you running Windows or still XP, ive had a few funky screen problems with Win7 64Bit and LW 9.6.1

jaf
06-09-2010, 10:09 AM
XP (see signature).

Actually, now that I've looked at this a little closer, it's probably a problem caused by the Jovian picker. I just treid to change to the LW picker (LW_ColrPilr) and it also gets switched to Jovian after restarting LW.

[edit] Okay... a little more thinking about this... the Jovian Color Picker is a plugin, so I guess on LW startup, the default color picker is actually resident for a very short time, but is replaced as the plugins are initialized (probably the wrong choice or wording.) The plugin overrides (the display options choice).

Simply deleting the Jovian.p file doesn't work. You need to delete the reference in the LWEXT9.CFG file.

Just for clarification: I do like the Jovian color picker, but sometimes when starting a model I use the default to quickly set some surface colors for reference in LW. Old habit.