PDA

View Full Version : SLIDE tools / plugins?

JeffrySG
06-07-2010, 07:41 PM
I wanted to know if everyone can list any of the plugins they might use for doing slide operations in modeler. Right now I use 'swift edge loop' for my loop slides and for my loop cuts.

But what are people using for user defined edge and point slides?

I do use the 'WEdgeSlide' lscript for edges slides (by selecting points) but I'm not really happy with it. And I'm also looking for something that will do individual point slides as well.

ALSO - any solutions will need to be MacUB compatible.

So... list all of your sliding tools. I don't care if they are part of a larger plugin like LWCAD or something. I just would like the best sliding tools out there. I'm hoping there is something out there that I've just missed.

If there aren't any good ones out there this might be a good plugin to write for sale!! I couldn't model as fast without the 'swiftedgeloop' plugin. I'd gladly pay for a great edge/point slide plugin as well! :)

Cheers!!

geothefaust
06-07-2010, 07:53 PM
UniSlide is another, formerly known as dEdgeSlide. Use it all the time.

JeffrySG
06-07-2010, 09:13 PM
Thanks, Javis. Do you happen to know if it's available for the mac? Also, do you have a link? I couldn't find it on a search. :)

Oedo 808
06-07-2010, 09:28 PM
Not for Mac (I'm guessing as the folder is empty), but for win32/64

http://lightwave.mindnever.org/dtools/

geothefaust
06-07-2010, 11:21 PM
Ahh sorry, fam came home. Had to do the obligatory fam time and dinner.

Thanks Oedo for the save and follow up. :)

JeffrySG
06-08-2010, 07:06 AM
Thanks guys.

So.... as those don't work on the mac I'd still like to hear if anyone has any good slide tools for the mac. :(

Does anyone know if there is a mac version of this plugin?
PointMoveOnEdge
http://www.lwplugindb.com/Plugin.aspx?id=6ead53b2
It's listed as opensource. I wonder if anyone has ever compiled it for the mac? It looks to be a nice point slide tool, but pc only. :(

JeffrySG
06-09-2010, 07:34 AM
Just doing a little bump on the hope that someone knows of any slide tools for the mac... :(