PDA

View Full Version : Modeling Article that covers Polygon Flow

WilliamVaughan
06-04-2010, 06:31 AM
Modeling Article that covers Polygon Flow

In this article, originally printed in issue #8 of HDRI3D Magazine, I hope to share with you some basic guidelines that should help give your organic models a strong base structure that can make surfacing, rigging, and animating much easier.

Click the link below to read the entire article:
http://www.pushingpoints.com/2010/06/go-with-the-flow/

Enjoy!

Fadlabi
06-04-2010, 06:42 AM
Thanks, William.

arsad
06-04-2010, 06:56 AM
Thanks a lot Proton!

kojean
06-04-2010, 06:59 AM
Thanks for the article.

3dWannabe
06-04-2010, 07:23 AM
Great article!

I hope everyone is subscribing to HDRI3D. In the last issue, it seemed like 80% of the articles were on Lightwave. They are the only magazine I'm aware of like this, where Lightwave always has several articles. We need to support them!

They have back issues available (covering linear workflow #18, color correction #19, etc.), and of course almost every issue has an in depth article by William (Proton) Vaughan.

Back issues are about $8 when purchased at time of subscription. Massive high gloss, very large magazine.

Maybe William could list his favorite back issues and the topics?

ken_g9
06-04-2010, 08:09 AM
Great article. Thanks for sharing! :D

sampei
06-04-2010, 11:41 AM
thanks !

speismonqui
06-04-2010, 02:37 PM
:thumbsup:

scratch33
06-04-2010, 04:31 PM
Thanks. :thumbsup:

WilliamVaughan
06-04-2010, 04:53 PM
Back issues are about $8 when purchased at time of subscription. Massive high gloss, very large magazine.

Maybe William could list his favorite back issues and the topics?

Ive got the entire collection and refer back to mine all the time. I'll see if I can get list of favorites put together.

The price of the magazine is a steal when you see the quality of the printing and the heavy stock they print on. Plenty of LightWave content in each issue!

IgnusFast
06-04-2010, 09:59 PM
Thanks, William - hadn't even SEEN that magazine before. I just subscribed and mentioned you in the referral box - too bad there's no kick-back for ya! :)

lightmann
06-04-2010, 11:12 PM
i consider William a great artist and instructor but actually i differ in some aspects.Simple it's not necessary better in uv or skinning for example. I' m not totally agree with the spread of minimalistic polygon ideology in the use of lightwave (hahah maybe i ll be attacked for that). In the other side i give much more sense in artistic way to some assumptions of the paper and not specifically as a guide in tech aspects of cg .
thanks for share William.

Philbert
06-05-2010, 12:19 AM
Great article!

I hope everyone is subscribing to HDRI3D. In the last issue, it seemed like 80% of the articles were on Lightwave. They are the only magazine I'm aware of like this, where Lightwave always has several articles. We need to support them!

I can't afford to subscribe but I buy it at the store when I come into some cash.

WilliamVaughan
06-05-2010, 04:32 AM
i consider William a great artist and instructor but actually i differ in some aspects.Simple it's not necessary better in uv or skinning for example. I' m not totally agree with the spread of minimalistic polygon ideology in the use of lightwave (hahah maybe i ll be attacked for that). In the other side i give much more sense in artistic way to some assumptions of the paper and not specifically as a guide in tech aspects of cg .
thanks for share William.

It all depends on what your end goal is. If I was going to Zbrush a mesh I would layout the geometry different.

None of the "rules" in the article need to be considered "law". The main thing is to have full control of your polyflow and construction of your mesh.