PDA

View Full Version : pictrix px bezier plugin, nice pipe tube tool!

prometheus
06-04-2010, 03:31 AM
Modeler plugin!
check pictrix site, or check it from here
www.liberty3d.com

ive only tested it for a couple of minutes, seems nice and might be useful for me when doing welds on machines.

it has subpatch options and you can easy switch between straight or curved curves and it also has some nice snapping functions to snap perpendicular etch.:thumbsup:

Edit...another cool feature is that you can give different segments in curves custom segments, so one curve segment can have 10 divisions and by selecting
other curve segment node, you can give it letīs say 5 divisions, and go on to select other segments and go on.

Michael

JeffrySG
06-04-2010, 02:03 PM
Wow.... that's wonderful!!! and free too!

great for ropes! check out this video!
http://www.pictrix.jp/lw/Px_Bezier/px_bezier-06.mov

the more I look over the other videos the more impressed I am with the plugin!!! :D

how did you find out about the new plugin, btw?

sampei
06-04-2010, 02:30 PM
looks good ! shame it's only 32 bit u__u

Kuzey
06-04-2010, 02:49 PM
Crazy cool!!!

Kuzey

JohnMarchant
06-04-2010, 02:58 PM
Yeah wish i could see more of his in 64 bit

Lamont
06-04-2010, 09:46 PM
Bah!! Only 32 bit!!!

mav3rick
06-05-2010, 04:26 AM
like it a lott.... i wish he does same thing for layout with support of deformers on top so that i can mix bezier with displacements......

nice nice

prometheus
06-05-2010, 05:16 AM
Wow....

how did you find out about the new plugin, btw?

I found out about it thanks to the post from djlithium about the new community ..
liberty3d

so I was just browsing through that forum and found these interesting plugins, I donīt think it was posted as news on flay.com or on the lightwave plugin database.

that dponīt instance plugin looks interesting, but I have no Idea why
that download is without extension, and trying to change to p extension or lscript doesnīt work either.

Regarding th px bezier plugin, it would really be sweet if it could be combined with the curv form plugin from pictrix, and perhaps the extrude plus2 plugin tool...from (artsphere I believe) the extrude plus 2 plugin has options to jitter/displace upon creation of that extrusion as well as subpatch and bevel ribbons.

the curv form plugin from pictrix has some scaling options at each curve node joint that would be awesome to have in px bezier.

Anyway this px bezier tool will probably be handy for me for creating
some weldings next time at work.

Michael

prometheus
06-08-2010, 05:42 AM
the px bezier curve could actually replace the use of the spline draw tool in lightwave.

The handling of the curve feels so much better, and creating straight lines is done in a fly.

Switching between sharp or smooth angles as well as changing the bezier angles are great.

Deleting and adding curve knots.. remove knots with a right mouse button click, and add knot with left mouse button.

I love the perpendicular guide snapping too.

works great to extrude polys and to use as a wall tool, or welding tool.

or simply use the poly face mode to draw a flat plane.

Seems very stable...not a single error or crash.

Michael

prometheus
06-08-2010, 06:03 AM
what else do we have here..

creating hairguides is easy with the polygon type line wich creates polychains.

Michael

prometheus
08-19-2010, 05:03 AM
Regarding a 64 bit version for px bezier, I asked if it would be possible to compile one, but that donīt seem to be possible for the moment,
hereīs his answer.

"Hi Michael , I cannot do the compilation work in 64 bits.The power of D-Storm is necessary. ( It is an agency in Japan. )It is scheduled to request it from D-Storm if there is no bug in the renewed plug-in.I think that I make 64 bit plug-in sooner or later.I'm sorry. PICTRIXMasayuki Umezawa"

It would have been nice, since I find it so easy to work with px bezier curve and itīs built in tube/pipe functions for welding seems
in our gym machine models.

I would either have to install lightwave 32 bit also on the new computer, or
resort back to use extrude + or methods shown by matt gorner in his tutorials.

Michael

DogBoy
08-19-2010, 09:58 AM
Yeah, I asked him about 64bit a year or so ago, and he told me he couldn't do it as he doesn't have access to a 64bit machine.

WillBellJr
08-21-2010, 06:15 AM
Does it matter which version to grab? I'm assuming the latest, 016?

The videos are listed under 014, I see 004 which again, I'm assuming is a earlier revision of the plugin??

-Will

prometheus
08-23-2010, 03:36 AM
Does it matter which version to grab? I'm assuming the latest, 016?

The videos are listed under 014, I see 004 which again, I'm assuming is a earlier revision of the plugin??

-Will

I believe the latest version is 016
http://www.pictrix.jp/?s=Px_Bezier&submit=Search

But you canīt use it anyway with a 64 bit lightwave version, so youīll have to have a 32 bit version installed also or use it on another machine.
Itīs a pitty, I would gladly donate if it would show up some more on 64 bit and he really needs to fix a proper english translation fixed on the site.

Ill try and forward that to pictrix and hope he could get someone to help out with 64 bit compilations or if he needs more donations in order to afford a 64 bit machine.

extrude + from artsphere is pretty cool too, no need to use 1st contact to align polyshape to curve, that works automaticly, and you have pretty nice ribbon nipponite effects build in and noise effects.
Also itīs pretty cool to save settings, it contains almost all settings so you can load profiles, easy for fast horn creations.

However it doesnīt have the same interactivity and it doesnīt have the same bezier curve features, th px bezier handles straigh curves pretty well..in that regard px_bezier is much better.

Michael

Wickster
08-23-2010, 07:54 AM
Yeah, I asked him about 64bit a year or so ago, and he told me he couldn't do it as he doesn't have access to a 64bit machine.
I think he does now. He's trying to learn to compile to 64-bit. So if anybody here in the community wants to help him please do. He's on a mac platform btw. Unfortuneately I know nothing about programming, but I do help testing some of his efforts on the 64bit front.

WillBellJr
08-23-2010, 11:40 AM
I believe the latest version is 016
http://www.pictrix.jp/?s=Px_Bezier&submit=Search

But you canīt use it anyway with a 64 bit lightwave version, so youīll have to have a 32 bit version installed also or use it on another machine...

Okay thanks, I'm still at 32-bits anyway so no probs for me.

I may move up to 64-bits by years end but I'm not feeling pressed to move up yet anyway (except for perhaps wanting to upgrade my After Effects CS4 to CS5)

-Will

Litebright
02-07-2012, 03:23 AM
I come from an Adobe Illustrator background. I have created a mock-up of a 3D model in Illustrator. Instead of sketching the model on paper with a pen, I have created it with spline shapes and gradient fills in Illustrator. Result is what looks like a Phong-shaded render of my model in three-quarter view in Illustrator.

Now I am trying to re-create the model in Lightwave 8.5 Modeler.. So far, it has been far more difficult to draw the spline shapes in Lightwave than it was in Illustrator. My current main issue is figuring out how to draw spline points mixed with non-curved straight points. The surfaces on my model have a mixture of curved and straight line edges. Drawing polygons in Illustrator with a mix of curved and straight lines is extremely simple and intuitive to accomplish. Not so for me in Lightwave.

I found a video on Youtube that showed how to use the pen tool for straight line shapes, and then the Spline Draw tool for curved lines, but it did NOT show how to combine curved and straight lines into one polygon shape. All my attempts thus far at doing such a thing have failed with Lightwave's Modeler.

At the rate I am progressing with the Lightwave Modeler, I could draw my "model" manually from 3 different viewpoints in Illustrator, faster than I can build the model in 3D in Lightwave, so that I can have Lightwave render it from 3 different view points. The fact that this is the case is crazy!

Is a plug-in, such as Px_Bezier, needed to accomplish this Illustrator curve and straight line segment, mixed style of polygon drawing? Any suggestions of where to find out how to accomplish what I want to do in Modeler?

prometheus
02-07-2012, 03:35 AM
I come from an Adobe Illustrator background. I have created a mock-up of a 3D model in Illustrator. Instead of sketching the model on paper with a pen, I have created it with spline shapes and gradient fills in Illustrator. Result is what looks like a Phong-shaded render of my model in three-quarter view in Illustrator.

Now I am trying to re-create the model in Lightwave 8.5 Modeler.. So far, it has been far more difficult to draw the spline shapes in Lightwave than it was in Illustrator. My current main issue is figuring out how to draw spline points mixed with non-curved straight points. The surfaces on my model have a mixture of curved and straight line edges. Drawing polygons in Illustrator with a mix of curved and straight lines is extremely simple and intuitive to accomplish. Not so for me in Lightwave.

I found a video on Youtube that showed how to use the pen tool for straight line shapes, and then the Spline Draw tool for curved lines, but it did NOT show how to combine curved and straight lines into one polygon shape. All my attempts thus far at doing such a thing have failed with Lightwave's Modeler.

At the rate I am progressing with the Lightwave Modeler, I could draw my "model" manually from 3 different viewpoints in Illustrator, faster than I can build the model in 3D in Lightwave, so that I can have Lightwave render it from 3 different view points. The fact that this is the case is crazy!

Is a plug-in, such as Px_Bezier, needed to accomplish this Illustrator curve and straight line segment, mixed style of polygon drawing? Any suggestions of where to find out how to accomplish what I want to do in Modeler?

absolutly ..download px bezier and try it, you control straight or smooth angles/handles with the path command list, choose crosshandle if you want an arc round for example so you get two handles, and correct the handles, use either line or curve tool, recomend the curve tool thou.

Px works only in 32 bit thou.
Michael

prometheus
02-07-2012, 03:52 AM
Weird thou, I work with illustrator for some simple line path tracing, and I actually find it more easier to work with lightwaves spline draw tool than with illustrators handles, do not use bezier tool thou.

the only thing is just what you mentioned about straight lines, to have straight lines within the spline draw tool, you need to move/use two points at the same location, you can set a shortcut key for the snap drag tool, that tool lets you drag any point and have it snap to another, so you can get a straight line.

but with px bezier that is not necessary, but so you know the basics.

Michael

Litebright
02-07-2012, 02:31 PM
Prometheus - Thanks for the response. I have downloaded Px Bezier and will try it out today. I am running Lightwave 8.5 on an 8 year-old Pentium 4 / Windows XP machine, so 32-bit is perfect for my 80 year-old machine (in human years that is) haha.

Regarding your suggested method of snapping two points in the same location to eliminate curves. When doing this with the Spline Draw tool, it seems it would be creating extra triangular face and vertex data that is unnecessary, creating an inefficient mesh for rendering.

Is a plug-in like Px Bezier still necessary to achieve this kind of drawing using the latest Lightwave 10?

Ernest
02-07-2012, 08:39 PM
Is a plug-in like Px Bezier still necessary to achieve this kind of drawing using the latest Lightwave 10?
The good news is that no, it's not necessary in LW 10 and it was not necessary in LW8.5 either. The better news is that, if you have it, it's even easier and faster. The best news is that you can usually import your curves directly from Illustrator and not have to do any work.

But anyway, what you could do without PX bezier is to use the spline tool to create only the curved parts. Then you would have gaps in between the curved parts, where the straight lines would go. Just select the two end points you want to join and ctrlP or whatever your shortcut is to create a new spline between those points. Since it's a new independent 2-point spline, it will be straight.

If you have a series of straight segments between the the 2 curved splines, just use + and add points at each vertex. Then select 2 and ctrlP, other 2, etc.

If you merge all the splines into 1 big spline, the straight lines will become curved due to the tension from the other segments. However, LW has a tool to add points to a spline and you just have to select that tool and click right next to each straight vertex. Then, the splines can me merged without problems.