PDA

View Full Version : Sir Picard?

Stunt Pixels
06-03-2010, 04:45 PM
What the? A captain of the fleet is knighted?

http://beta.images.theglobeandmail.com/archive/00680/patrick-stewart-_680721artw.jpg

Ernest
06-03-2010, 05:05 PM
Of course not.
If you look at the trajectory of the motion blur, she is quite clearly in the process of chopping off his head.

colkai
06-04-2010, 02:19 AM
Long deserved - Make it so Ma'am :)

JBT27
06-04-2010, 02:53 AM
What the? A captain of the fleet is knighted?

http://beta.images.theglobeandmail.com/archive/00680/patrick-stewart-_680721artw.jpg

..... no, it's just another actor becoming a 'sir' :D

Julian.

hrgiger
06-04-2010, 04:22 AM
What is this Knight-ing nonsense. Has Picard ever slayed a dragon or toppled a kingdom or rescued a damsel? No, I think not.

gerry_g
06-04-2010, 04:44 AM
I wonder if she did it in fluent Klingon ??..........So here we have feudal monarch of a constitution-less nation bestowing a worthless gong on ex Shakespearian actor who sold out to play a rather wooden captain in a shallow SiFi Soap about the Military owning space, I think the Muppets 'Pigs In Space' was better and more on the money

Chris S. (Fez)
06-04-2010, 04:52 AM
I wonder if she did it in fluent Klingon ??..........So here we have feudal monarch of a constitution-less nation bestowing a worthless gong on ex Shakespearian actor who sold out to play a rather wooden captain in a shallow SiFi Soap about the Military owning space, I think the Muppets 'Pigs In Space' was better and more on the money

Them's fightin words...:cursin:

littlewaves
06-04-2010, 07:11 AM

you know she's not actually in charge right?

Simon Cowell is. For better or for worse.

m4a2000
06-04-2010, 08:14 AM
That picture is going up in my office as a poster... As soon as I get a good caption to go with it.

Iain
06-04-2010, 08:16 AM
you know she's not actually in charge right?

Simon Cowell is. For better or for worse.

For better in my book.

Cowell for PM!!!

Then he could do for the economy what he did for music. Oh someone beat him to it and f*c*ed that up already!

Nangleator
06-04-2010, 11:09 AM
That picture is going up in my office as a poster... As soon as I get a good caption to go with it.
I can haz peerage?

littlewaves
06-04-2010, 12:28 PM
For better in my book.

Cowell for PM!!!

Then he could do for the economy what he did for music. Oh someone beat him to it and f*c*ed that up already!

maybe we could have ITV phone votes to determine which areas of public spending get cut the most.

"The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter."
-- Winston Churchill

Oedo 808
06-04-2010, 12:51 PM

The BBC website yesterday would have suggested 'Make it Sir!' ... :o

Dexter2999
06-04-2010, 01:55 PM
Okay for our UK LW'ers...here is your assignment:

A series of suits of armor to personify, Sir Anthony Hopkins, Sir Elton John, etc...

Riff_Masteroff
06-06-2010, 08:50 PM
Sheesh, Patrick Stewart is so much more than a sci-fi actor. I deeply believe people should appreciate, accept and honor the best aspects of human society. No, I am not talking about who accumulates the most stuff.

Assuming that a) you don't have the attention span of a flea and that b) you are willing to check out the depth of Patrick Stewart's accomplished acting ability, then watch this:

http://video.pbs.org/video/1473795626/

btw: its only 3hrs long. If watched, you might be tempted to agree with his recognition within Britain. Also, imo, the production itself is just amazing.

JBT27
06-07-2010, 02:45 AM
Yes, he's an actor - that's the point - provider of entertainment, light-weight, thought-provoking, spirit-raising, whatever.

But, 'just' an actor, for all that, and I would guess very well paid for it. But, his presence on TV, the stage, and movies ensures he's in the public gaze and awareness, popular even.

Outdated and superficial badges and clubs for a superficial society.

Oh dear ..... it must be Monday ..... :D

Julian.

littlewaves
06-07-2010, 07:23 AM
Relax everyone, it's just an awards ceremony. Kind of like a high-brow "soap awards"

It's just there to take our minds off the economy.

JBT27
06-07-2010, 07:27 AM
Relax everyone, it's just an awards ceremony. Kind of like a high-brow "soap awards"

It's just there to take our minds off the economy.

Oh yeah ..... the economy ..... I'd forgotten about that :D

Julian.

Tranimatronic
06-09-2010, 06:19 AM
What is this Knight-ing nonsense. Has Picard ever slayed a dragon or toppled a kingdom or rescued a damsel? No, I think not.

well no - Kirk had already 'rescued' em all :D

Nangleator
06-09-2010, 06:25 AM
Don't even THINK about knighting Kirk. He'll run off with the Queen and make an heir with her.

m4a2000
06-09-2010, 07:58 AM
Don't even THINK about knighting Kirk. He'll run off with the Queen and make an heir with her.
Isn't Shatner older then the Queen?

OnlineRender
06-09-2010, 10:27 AM
James Corden and Patrick Stewart clash at Awards

http://video.uk.msn.com/watch/video/james-corden-and-patrick-stewart-clash-at-awards/2gbd3z8u

Tranimatronic
06-09-2010, 10:34 AM
who is James Cordon anyway ?
Shatner would have knocked his light out.
He wrestled klingons you know.

OnlineRender
06-09-2010, 10:58 AM
who is James Cordon anyway ?
Shatner would have knocked his light out.
He wrestled klingons you know.

I use the term lossly " Actor / Comedian / Singer /Sell out "

cagey5
06-09-2010, 11:00 AM
who is James Cordon anyway ?...

If i gave my truthful answer to that I think you'd only see a line of asterisks so I'll just say he's supposed to be a comedian. Well, I'm sure his mum thinks he's funny.

JBT27
06-09-2010, 11:02 AM

..... someone needs to before it's too late ..... :eek: ..... there's my knighthood down the drain :D

Julian.