PDA

View Full Version : Adding cameras to Tricaster Studio

Drewno
06-03-2010, 11:26 AM
Hello,

I am quite new to using Tricaster Studio and have an event coming up that would require using more than 3 cameras (5 cameras).

What sort of hardware can you recommend me using for a 5 camera setup. I am taking into account the need for 2 external monitoring bays (3 monitors each, 6 monitors total) so I have uniformity and 1 live output monitor. What then will I need to switch from preview to live output etc. I am assuming this will require an additional mixing board/video switch like Live Control?

Please respond with any ideas or similar experience, I would really appreciate any comments/suggestions!

Thanks

broodwich
06-03-2010, 11:58 AM
The TC Studio supports up to 6 inputs. You may have to change your TC mode to support 6 inputs (vs. 3). There are only four audio inputs, if you have more mics than that you'll need to run your audio into an external mixer and then run the output from the mixer to two of the inputs on the Tricaster.

ted
06-03-2010, 02:03 PM
I'm not clear what you are asking???
Are you wanting to split the camera/video feed to 2 additional viewing stations?
Please give more info. Thanks.

Drewno
06-04-2010, 05:40 AM
Basically, I am taking my monitoring away from the main Tricaster platform and proposing to do it on external monitors. Whereas, you would normally have your preview screens all through the main Tricaster viewer/mixer. But this only allows up to 3 preview screens, correct? This also, requires using LC-11, right? Therefore, don't I need additional monitors to use up to 6 cameras. I understand I could still preview 3 cameras at once through the main Tricaster layout, but that means I would be blind on up to 2 cameras at any given time which I would rather avoid. I hope this makes sense. Any further information is much appreciated. Thank you.

SBowie
06-04-2010, 06:44 AM
Basically, I am taking my monitoring away from the main Tricaster platform and proposing to do it on external monitors. Sure, this makes perfect sense if you are running in 6 camera mode.

This also, requires using LC-11, right? LC-11 has nothing to do with any of this.

Therefore, don't I need additional monitors to use up to 6 cameras.?? This seems to contradict what you wrote above; but in any case, in 6-Camera mode, you can only preview two of the sources on TriCaster's Live Desktop at any one time - the one selected on Program, and the one selected on Preview (plus EXT, the network source). In 3-Camera mode you can see all three cameras (plus EXT). Hope this helps.

Drewno
06-07-2010, 08:15 AM
Thanks for all of the help, I get it now!