PDA

View Full Version : Open question - hierarchy clone on LW64 ?

Pavlov
06-03-2010, 08:08 AM
Hi again,
in the passage to LW64bit, which i may define "dramatic" for the number of missing tools, i've another major need: Clone hierarchy from FI's.
It cloned everything you selected, and if there were any hierarchy into selection, it was cloned correctly.
LW's clone tool is pretty dumb, and other hierarchy clone tools are as dumb too: i found one which works *only* on hierarchies (it' wont clone a simple object).
So: which tool do you use to clone items in layout on 64 ? Is there one which performs the same as FI's one (his site is down so i cant even check if there's a 64 bit version) ?

thanks,
Paolo

Pavlov
06-03-2010, 09:38 AM
BTW: i'm speaking of LAYOUT, and built in tool is pretty limited since it works on a *single* hierarchy at once.

Paolo

nickdigital
06-03-2010, 09:59 AM
I use the CloneSelectedItems lscript. It looks like that's the FI one you're talking about. I'd post it but I don't know what the EULA is.

You could try this alternative...it does the same thing I think you're looking for.
http://flay.com/GetDetail.cfm?ID=2520

biliousfrog
06-03-2010, 11:05 AM
if it's an LScript it should work regardless of 32/64bit AFAIK

Pavlov
06-03-2010, 11:34 AM
hi nick, itried that one but it has same issue_ try to select two or more parent object and run it, it will give an error.
Afaik FI's hierarchy clone was the only one to work properly (and incredibly).

Paolo

EDIT - Biliousfrog, you're true but unluckily i've the *.p version of that tool ;(