PDA

View Full Version : easier to model

sony
06-02-2010, 12:02 PM
what can someone new to lightwave model to make modeler more easier to use?

OnlineRender
06-02-2010, 12:13 PM
you can config the GUI / menu layout to your specification(s) , that helps with work flow .

4dartist
06-02-2010, 12:18 PM
If your asking what kinds of things you can create to learn modeler then:

Still life objects, cups, bowls, bottles, pens, radios, toys, glasses, etc. Just look around your house, and find something you think you can handle and model it.

You could take a picture of the object, and try to model the same object, and put it in the picture with similar lighting and see if you can make it look real.

You could always go step by step in tutorials to help learn new techniques. LW has a ton of them on their main site somewhere. Probably a endless amount in other places, just do a search for tutorials or something in the forum.

When you get beyond simple objects, then step up to cars, planes, characters, etc. Your first car model doesn't have to be photoreal, I doubt many peoples 1st is.

Just some thoughts. I'm sure someone will have a better idea.

If you wondering how you can make the interface easier to use, then other than changing hotkeys and interface layout, not sure.

JeffrySG
06-02-2010, 12:27 PM
Yep, I'd follow along on some tutorials. If you're just getting started in 3d and LW I'd recommend Inside LW 9 and Essential LW 9 - books available most retailers. They both have many tutorials.

h2oStudios
06-02-2010, 01:08 PM
agreed with the above. but u don't have to buy books right away ;). there are plenty of tutorials and resources on this site & the web that will definitely get you modelling pretty quick. My first LW model back in 03 was following the fingernail tutorial.

sampei
06-04-2010, 08:05 AM
buy a toy you like and try to model it accurately, you will learn a lot from the process.

Iain
06-04-2010, 08:19 AM
Join the speed modelling challenges!

There's a community of competent modellers who will provide a subject and help along the way................................

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=109597