PDA

View Full Version : VT4 switcher won't use more than 2 camera signals

Aaron Video
06-02-2010, 06:29 AM
My VT4 switcher has 4 PTZ cameras with baluns, connected on composite 1,2,3,4 on the BOB. For some reason no more than 2 cameras will switch the others go black when selected. It jumps around as to which camera it decides to use.
PS: This setup use to work properly. Problem started when I tore down and setup at a new venue.
Any ideas?
Steve/AVP

Paul Lara
06-02-2010, 10:28 AM
It may well be one of your internal ribbon cables is not properly connected, Steve.

Aaron Video
06-02-2010, 01:15 PM
Thanks Paul
I've checked the ribbon cables and have reseated the VT card. The problem persists. I'm using a SX84 with a VT4 pro if that's of any help. Any other ideas?

SBowie
06-02-2010, 03:30 PM
Confirmed that the daughter card is getting power?

PIZAZZ
06-02-2010, 04:07 PM
double, triple and quadruple check the cables from the card to the break out box. Make sure you don't have a bad cable there also. only use triple shielded cables

Aaron Video
06-04-2010, 01:30 PM
I've done everything. Power to daughter board good (when unplugged, nothing worked, replug and everything works) but just 2 cameras will sync up still. Tested with a set of cables from a working system and still the same problem. BOB LED's light up and indicate the selected sources. I took the card completely out with D-plug bar and ribbon cables and inspected the connections and they were perfect.The ONLY thing I haven't done is uninstall and reinstalled the VT software.
Please! What should I do. Could it in any way be software related.

P.S.-The system actually worked OK at the new venue for 1 night. It was the next day that this problem appeared when I booted up.

SBowie
06-04-2010, 02:42 PM
Just for laughs, check in Prefs to see if you have Preview/Alpha output disabled. Also, cleaning the edge contacts on the card is not a bad idea when you have it out.