PDA

View Full Version : Lightwave 9.6 export wavefront obj.

stanja02
05-29-2010, 04:53 PM
This is really two problems in one so read the story and respond if you have an answer.

A couple of months ago I was trying to export a model in obj format. That is when I noticed that there was no export obj file. I uninstalled Lightwave 9.6 as well as 9.3 and reinstalled them but the problem persisted. So I located the file plug-in, conv3d and added that but sill there is no export obj option. Still I was okay at that point because I still had the export obj option from Layout under modeler tools.

That brings me to my second problem which just started this last week. For some reason all of my obj exports from lightwave end up not existing. the file is only 4kb big and if I open it again in lightwave there is not model. The Polygon statistics panel tells me there is polygons but it does not exist in any layers that I can see. In Zbrush, the program I am exporting this to the file wont even open I just get an error.

If you have any ideas on either of these problems I wouldn't mind the help.

lertola2
05-29-2010, 09:20 PM
Did you delete your preference files when you reinstalled? Corrupt preference files might be the source of your problems.