PDA

View Full Version : Lost file associations

smedly
09-13-2003, 10:16 AM
Hello,

I have been using LightWave for a few years now and I have never seen anything like the problem I'm having this weekend. I have an urgent project that is due next week so I have a lot of work to do. I have multiple scenes set up for this project which all use similar textures and models. The problem I'm having is whenever I load a scene or F12 from modeler to layout, I have to tell LW where everything is again. Some of the scenes have buildings with LOTS of textures and it is getting VERY frustratin having to show it where everything is every time. What's even more frustrating is that it's not like LW doesn't know where they are, when I am prompted to select the file, the folder where the file exists is already open?!?!?

I need help badly. I am using LightWave 7.5 in OSX, if anyone could help me out as soon as possible that would be great.

Thanks,

cagey5
09-13-2003, 11:33 AM
It sounds like your 'content directory has been changed somewhere down the line. try [ALT F12] in Layout or whatever that equates too or find it under - Layout \ options.
It's normally set to the lightwave directory by default.

smedly
09-13-2003, 03:51 PM
It sounds like your 'content directory has been changed somewhere down the line. try [ALT F12] in Layout or whatever that equates too or find it under - Layout \ options.
It's normally set to the lightwave directory by default.

I have set the content directories in both apps and the problem is still here :confused: I just realised the magnitude of this problem. I was playing around with building/road textures when I went into modeler to move one of the maps I have on the road. I had to show modeler where the files were, not once but twice. I moved the map, and when I switched back to layout (after showing LW where all of the files were again) all of the previous changes that I had made were gone as well as the move I had just made in modeler.

Please, could someone tell me what the hell is going on here. This is serious and if the problem is not solved I will be forced to start from scratch and inevitably miss my deadline.

omeone
09-13-2003, 06:18 PM
dunno, if it might help... have you tried consolidating with the content manager?

jb_gfx
09-14-2003, 10:40 AM
Maybe you added or removed a drive from your computer and so the drives letter changed?

If that's the case you can re-assign the drive letters using the administration tools from Windows NT (sorry I don't know the exact name cause my Windows is not in enlgish language).

smedly
09-15-2003, 05:23 PM
Thanks for everyones help and the quick responses.

I figured out the problem yesterday afternoon. I had added a slash to one of the folders it was trying to find so instead of seeing "one/two" it was trying to find "one:two" which was screwing everything up.

I should know better by now.

Just a stupid mistake.

Thanks again.