PDA

View Full Version : maximum no. of repeats for lscripts??

littlewaves
05-28-2010, 08:13 AM
Weird one.

Just testing a very simple lscript I made

@warnings

generic
{
AddRotation(0.500000,0.000000,0.000000);
}

all it does is add 0.5 degrees of heading rotation to whatever is selected which is what I want it to do.

However if I repeat the lscript 80 times I get the following error message.

Cannot open input file '/path to plugins directory here/addHead.ls

Is there a maximum no. of iterations that lightwave can handle?

I also made an identical script to rotate in the opposite direction. If I use the first script 40 times followed by the second script 40 times I get the same error.

After the error lightwave becomes unstable and quickly crashes.

Just wondering if anyone has any ideas before I submit a bug report.

evenflcw
05-28-2010, 08:31 AM
I did not get any error, either from running the script myself >100 times in a row (clicking menu button) or running the script >100times from another script.

The lines you presented are the only lines in the script?
Are you on Mac perhaps (I'm on WinXP, 32bit)?

littlewaves
05-28-2010, 10:20 AM
Thanks for testing.

I am indeed on a mac so maybe that's a problem. The error message seems to indicate the system having trouble finding the file

I'm on intel imac using tiger 10.4 so if anyone else can test on a mac (maybe it's even a tiger thing) Meantime I've got an ancient windows XP machine so I'll try on that also.

I've been doing a bit more testing using other lscripts (some by me and some not) and it's looking like the problem is that I can simply only do 81 lscript calls before it crashes

Oddly in the latest open beta it gets to 82 before it crashes!

littlewaves
05-28-2010, 10:46 AM
okay same lscripts working fine on my WinXP PC too but not on my macbook OR imac both running osx 10.4 so definitely a Mac thing and possibly a tiger thing.

Guess I'll file a bug report but if anyone else could test on a mac (tiger or leopard) that'd be great.

Here's a super quick way to test it

I've attached a very simple lscript which adds a null called "thingy" If you add it under plugins and then assign it to a keyboard shortcut (single key is easiest - I chose "j") then just hold down that key and it should add a whole load of nulls named "thingy(1)", "thingy(2)" etc.

Mine stops working at "thingy(81)"

thanks.