PDA

View Full Version : weirdly rotated table

Mr Rid
05-27-2010, 09:48 PM
So this seems odd. I loaded-from-scene a table and it came into the scene upside down and rotated oddly, even though XYZ & HPB are all 0. I loaded the table normally and it comes in fine. In this scene the two tables have the same motions, yet they are in different positions. Copy and pasting the motion from one to the other has no effect. I find nothing odd in the motion options. Missing the obvious, or bug?

Mr Rid
05-27-2010, 10:08 PM
Ah! Suddenly occured to me. There is a bug in the LFS, but now I see why one table is rotated funny.

But this reminds me, I always wanted to present some of the brainteaser scenes that I have run into over the years, screaming at the monitor, 'why the hell is that happening?' It'd be fun to try on new recruits, and see how long it takes them to figure it out.

Here's a fave, The Invisible Object- why wont the object render?

geo_n
05-27-2010, 10:57 PM
The fog settings are wrong

Mr Rid
05-27-2010, 11:33 PM
Well, no point in anyone else playing now.

geo_n
05-27-2010, 11:46 PM
Actually if you post all your scenes with problems we can all know what things to avoid.

Mr Rid
05-28-2010, 12:12 AM
Most of these are things we already know to avoid. The point is like a riddle to solve.

archijam
05-28-2010, 01:33 AM
Ridden riddles! :D

lertola2
05-28-2010, 07:18 AM
Ah! Suddenly occured to me. There is a bug in the LFS, but now I see why one table is rotated funny.

What was the problem with the table?
-Joe

Mr Rid
06-23-2010, 07:24 PM
What was the problem with the table?
-Joe

'Load from scene' has always been buggy. After a load from scene, the table was suddenly acquiring a goal, and a parent, which were easy to correct. But what took longer to figure out was that the pivot rotation was also mysteriously altered.

But here's a new one I just wasted half an hour on.
Why does a transparent, luminous, pink card refuse to render as anything other than opaque and black?

jasonwestmas
06-23-2010, 11:00 PM
'Load from scene' has always been buggy. After a load from scene, the table was suddenly acquiring a goal, and a parent, which were easy to correct. But what took longer to figure out was that the pivot rotation was also mysteriously altered.

Why does a transparent, luminous, pink card refuse to render as anything other than opaque and black?

I often have to reload my scene after I reload or replace an image in the image editor. If I don't the object with the image I loaded renders blackish. Texture images and UVs are generally a real pain in LW 96.

BTW Why would you expect a luminous polygon with 100% transparency to render? Perhaps if it was reflecting and refracting stuff the rays would pick up the color. I'll try that out.

biliousfrog
06-24-2010, 01:20 AM

I haven't loaded it but my initial thought is ray recursion set too low or weird refraction value.

arsad
06-24-2010, 03:14 AM
;) refraction options was set to "raytracing and sperical map" and no image selected.
Strangely this affects the transparency. Set it to raytrace and backdrop and everything is fine.

Mr Rid
06-24-2010, 04:34 AM
;) refraction options was set to "raytracing and sperical map" and no image selected.
Strangely this affects the transparency. Set it to raytrace and backdrop and everything is fine.

Right, its totally stupid. 'Raytrace & Spherical' overrides dif, lum and trans?! Am wondering when that started.

This reminds of another recent bug I ran into but didnt have time to pin down all the factors. But a refraction blur value above 0 was causing an object to refract and reflect even though trace reflection and trace refraction were disabled.

biliousfrog
06-24-2010, 05:29 AM
Right, its totally stupid. 'Raytrace & Spherical' overrides dif, lum and trans?! Am wondering when that started.

This reminds of another recent bug I ran into but didnt have time to pin down all the factors. But a refraction blur value above 0 was causing an object to refract and reflect even though trace reflection and trace refraction were disabled.

I've had some really funky results from using reflection blur on n-gons