PDA

View Full Version : dragarea_ctl

maxim capra
05-27-2010, 10:01 AM
Another question.

Theres a object called "dragarea_ctl" (and others) in the lightwaveSDK. it seems, there is no chance to call this through lscript?

Anyone heard of a alternative solution for a 2D-slider in lightwave (customizable, so lscript solutions would be perfect)?

Is it possible to extend the lscript commands with the SDK by writing a plugin? So is it possible to route the "dragarea_ctl" to lscript?

Can someone do this :) ?

evenflcw
05-27-2010, 11:02 AM
There is no way to get SDK controls inside of an lscript panel. But you should be able to create your own control by drawing in the panel or inside a ctlinfo() or ctlviewport() and using mouse callbacks. There are however some limitations to what you can do though, both in functionality and syntax/code readability.

maxim capra
05-28-2010, 01:39 AM
hmm, that's what I thought ... I'll give it a try creating my own control ..

I wonder nobody has done this before?? How do Lightwave users create controls for more complex character rigs :) (oh, there's an antagonism in this sentence :) )

evenflcw
05-28-2010, 04:41 AM
Done what before exactly? There are users who have created their own custom controls in lscript. I think I know of atleast 3 character joint pickers. And I suppose all of them used ctlinfo().

maxim capra
05-28-2010, 05:32 AM
done a 2d area slider for facial rigs. at least i couldn't find one ... except this one: http://www.kvaalen.com/plugins/Expresso/Gallery.html, but it's compiled and not very customizable (it works in a very predefined way). so i wondered, that no one has opened this for the community before, because i think it's an essential tool for building custom UI for animators...

maxim capra
05-28-2010, 05:48 AM
mmm, there's a commercial script which look pretty good, by the same author: http://kvaalen.com/jt/index.html

evenflcw
05-28-2010, 05:51 AM
Kvaalen has also made something called joytrol which is alot prettier, and then there's also Maestro which has something simular.

But alternatives can be good so I'm looking forward to seeing what you create. I might present another alternative myself too. :)

maxim capra
05-28-2010, 06:01 AM
:rock: