PDA

View Full Version : Problem rendering to DV AVI Type 2

Marty01
05-26-2010, 09:13 PM
Maybe I'm losing my mind but for some reason when I render to Type 2 DV I get no audio. Under customize it is checked but I get no audio when I try to play it back. Can't figure out what's going on. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Marty

Keith Gandy
05-26-2010, 10:38 PM
Marty, where are you playing it back? Inside the Speed Edit? With a secondary software?

Check the settings on the audio render. Reset the audio from Quad to Stereo and see if that will give a different result.

Marty01
05-27-2010, 06:01 AM
Just trying to play it back in SpeedEdit VT. I have the settings under customize set to 48Khz and stereo. This is on my home system. We do it all the time on my work system because we render to AVI so we can then use Windows Media Encoder software to make wmv's. I also get no audio when I render to DV Type 1. When the window comes up and the rendering starts it says audio is disabled for both types. I was trying to just make a file that would play on another guys editing system. He uses Pinnacle. I figured the AVI should work fine. I'm open to any other ideas.

Thanks,
Marty

SBowie
05-27-2010, 06:08 AM
Assuming you are rendering this from the File menu's Render item, I'd love to see a screenshot of the "Customize Preset Video for Windows (.avi)" panel that opens when you click the Customize button beside the Preset name in the Render dialog.

Keith Gandy
05-27-2010, 06:12 AM
Have you tried to render to DV2? It seems that I remember reading that DV1 had some kind of issue.

SBowie
05-27-2010, 06:28 AM
Have you tried to render to DV2? It seems that I remember reading that DV1 had some kind of issue.See the original post, Keith ...

Keith Gandy
05-27-2010, 06:51 AM
My bad, Steve. Senior moment.

Keith Gandy
05-27-2010, 06:52 AM
Do you get any audio with any other kind of render? MPEG? WMV?

SBowie
05-27-2010, 07:19 AM
My bad, Steve. Senior moment.Been there. :)

Marty01
05-27-2010, 05:26 PM
Okay, I got it working. Not sure how other than I kept changing and resaving the settings on the customize window. I reset all of the tabs. Other than 2 pass which I didn't know was there under the video and changing from 8 to 10 the DC component, what else could I do to maintain a higher quality render than just using the defaults that the reset button does? Could also maybe change the audio from 128 to 192.

Thanks for the help,
Marty