PDA

View Full Version : Copy Scene File Script

tcoursey
05-26-2010, 07:58 AM
I am looking for a plugin that I can tie to a Button in Lightwave that will COPY the current scene file (.lws) to a specific location on my computer.

We use a network render manager that has an AutoLoad directory. I would like to press a button in lightwave that then copies the scene file that has been saved on my computer already, to a predetermined location on my computer.

Right now I just go up and do a SAVE AS, but that leaves it in my Recent Load list, and is a few more clicks. Anyone know of something like this, or can code it?

Thanks.

nickdigital
05-26-2010, 11:23 AM
Which render controller are you using? I modified an Lscript to launch the panel for our Rush farm with all the current scene info entered in.

nickdigital
05-26-2010, 12:23 PM
Hey tcoursey,

I sent you a PM.

Matt
05-26-2010, 12:32 PM
I'm nearly done writing this script for you. At least you'll have a selection to choose from!

:)

nickdigital
05-26-2010, 12:34 PM
Heh, cool.

Go with Matt's solution. My lscript is a hack workaround. It works but I believe Matt's lscript skills put me to shame.

Matt
05-26-2010, 01:45 PM
I am looking for a plugin that I can tie to a Button in Lightwave that will COPY the current scene file (.lws) to a specific location on my computer.

We use a network render manager that has an AutoLoad directory. I would like to press a button in lightwave that then copies the scene file that has been saved on my computer already, to a predetermined location on my computer.

Right now I just go up and do a SAVE AS, but that leaves it in my Recent Load list, and is a few more clicks. Anyone know of something like this, or can code it?

Thanks.

Okay, here it is.

When you first run it, it will ask for a save location, this gets written to disk in your LightWave Config folder (it will then save the scene file as well once you specify a directory).

After that, when run, it will simply save the DISK version of the loaded scene file to the previously specified location, so make sure you SAVE the loaded scene file before running it.

Hope it's what you were wanting!

Cheers
Matt

tcoursey
05-26-2010, 01:48 PM
Great! thanks for all your help. I'm sure something here will work.

geo_n
05-26-2010, 10:54 PM
Thanks Matt. I just used it to send scenes to bnr autoload. Works perfect!

Matt
05-27-2010, 12:33 AM
Cool, glad to help!

ILWUG
05-30-2010, 12:06 AM
Sweet Matt to the rescue!!