PDA

View Full Version : UV Texturing with CC, need help

zippitt
05-25-2010, 10:10 PM
So I am thinking this is a bug but I need confirmation.

So when trying to create a UV map with SubD-Type CC the distortion on the checkerboard map is terrible.

I have tried all the subpatch interpolation methods also, none seem to help when using CC.

If I change the SubD-Type to Subpatch there is almost no distortion, with a few minor tweaks it would be perfect.

The problem is the model was created using CC and while almost all the polys are 4 points with a fraction of them being 3 points, I have some angles that the CC gets around.

I am afraid I'm going to have to revert back to subpatch and spend more time fixing the issues it creates unless someone knows a way around this problem.

probiner
05-25-2010, 10:28 PM
Hope this helps you =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxiJo_nt5J0#t=0m45s

It's basicly a way to relax the UV so the shape is more close to the 3D object, even with Linear Interpolation.

zippitt
05-26-2010, 10:19 AM
The plugins did improve things, but still left a bit to be desired. I would say it improves the UVs by about 70% on my meshes. It is undoubtedly better than using the broken CC UVs, but it still isn't as efficient as using subpatch interpolation with subpatch Subd UVs.

Still the information is helpful and the plugins are useful.

Thanks!