PDA

View Full Version : Looking for LightWave operator

jeakes
05-25-2010, 12:40 PM
I am looking for someone capable of creating a LiveSet for the TriCaster TCXD300 from a Maya 3D source file. You can contact me at [email protected]

shrox
05-25-2010, 01:37 PM
I am looking for someone capable of creating a LiveSet for the TriCaster TCXD300 from a Maya 3D source file. You can contact me at [email protected]

Email sent

SBowie
05-25-2010, 01:55 PM
Just to mention it, at this time at least creating a custom LiveSet suitable for TriCaster TCXD300 and 850 requires the TCXD300 LiveSet Developer Tools discussed in this post:

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106565

(The really good news is that the compiler can work directly with properly rendered Maya output, and no longer depends on LightWave).

jeakes
05-25-2010, 02:17 PM
That is great news Steve, except -- do you have a list of people who are testing it for you? or could you send my request to your list.
jon

SBowie
05-25-2010, 02:22 PM
Honestly, I think those in a position to help will note it here, Jon - it's a frequent stop for most of those involved in this aspect of our products.

(BTW, my wife is a big HGTV fan, so I'm happy to see you here.)

jeakes
05-25-2010, 02:29 PM
Then you will love what we are doing with the Tricaster. Besides eventually competing with HGTV with my old "live" show on the web via TriCaster (eventually) -- check out SchluterHouse.com -- go to the kitchen and you will see our next Virtual Set. If I can get it converted.
jon

joseburgos
05-26-2010, 07:52 AM
That looks like it will turn out great Jon. You should be OK doing the conversion.

Eric Pratt
06-21-2010, 01:55 PM
I guess I should post something here then :)
www.virtualsetworks.com (http://www.virtualsetworks.com/Services.VirtualSetDesign.htm)

jeakes
06-21-2010, 02:13 PM
Hi Eric,
I just missed you -- Have you had any experience getting from Maya to Virtual Sets?
jon

Eric Pratt
06-21-2010, 03:30 PM
Not really, usually clients who have their sets in Maya send me a lightwave file or some other intermediate. I have a pretty good conversion program but the Maya portion of it runs resident as a part of Maya. But I could make it from images if push comes to shove.

joseburgos
06-21-2010, 03:51 PM
I just went over this with someone today but with MAX. I feel using the FBX format with baked textures could be the best way to do this. This eliminates any special shaders in Maya and things like reflection, diffuse, transparency, etc. should transfer over correctly. Should is the key word though. I use Motion Builder with LW and the FBX file format and textures do not always transfer correctly. This does not matter to me as all I care in this case, is about the bone animation and morphs.
Anyway, a simple test using FBX would not take long to find the answer, IMHO.

Eric Pratt
06-21-2010, 04:56 PM
I have an older version of MAX and a great converter that does a flawless job of getting stuff from MAX format into Lightwave, Polytrans-for-Max (http://www.okino.com/conv/pt4max.htm). FBX I've had mixed results with, in theory it should work fine but I've been trying to get an FBX workflow from Lightwave into RTSET which only takes FBX files and there keep being issues with them telling me it's my implementation of FBX (in Lightwave) that is the problem. I have gotten a few FBX models that work, and some that don't but it would seem like the best intermediate format for the 3 programs.

joseburgos
06-21-2010, 05:10 PM
I don't use the built-in LW FBX plug-in and instead I use the last one Alias made (could have been Autodesk) before they stopped making a LW FBX Plug-in. It has been working for me with Motion Builder.

Eric Pratt
06-21-2010, 05:15 PM
I had tried that too but I thought the last ones they made were compatible only with Lightwave 8, am I wrong?

joseburgos
06-21-2010, 05:47 PM
No it works fine in LW 9.6 32 bit.