PDA

View Full Version : Access to external morphs?

wp_capozzi
09-13-2003, 12:59 AM
Hello,

Are there any plugins that access multiple endomorphs contained in a single separate model file?
Example: say you have a base mesh of a face that you want to keep small and manageable, and you have 60 endomorphs that you want to access without having that many to deal with in Morph Mixer or having to load 60 individual morph models.
I'm wondering if it's possible to group the endomorphs into 4 or 5 separate models, then access those as external 'add on morph modules' as needed. Phonemes contained in one model, facial expression in another, etc., that all relate to the base mesh.
It would be nice to be able to dump a set of morphs into an external file and access them through the base mesh that they belong to. Or maybe when you make an animation, an external morph file gets written out containing only the morph files that were used for that anim.

Ultimate goal is to make a base mesh more versitile and manageable.

Any ideas are welcome.
Thanks,
Bill C.

Karmacop
09-13-2003, 04:35 AM
Doesn't that defeat the goal of endomorphs then? :confused:

comanche
09-13-2003, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by Karmacop
Doesn't that defeat the goal of endomorphs then? :confused:

Yes. :)

And what would be the advantage if you access all morphs from within a separate model? You have to load the morphs anyway. I don't really get it.

Cheers

ericsmith
09-13-2003, 09:14 AM
Here's something even better:

You can organize your morph targets by using a naming format like "expression.surprise" and "phenome.a". The period groups endomorphs into individual tabs in the morphmixer panel in layout, so every endomorph that starts with "expression." will be grouped into a tab with the same name, and so on.

Try it, I think the results will resolve your problem.

Eric

wp_capozzi
09-13-2003, 05:14 PM
It wouldn't really negate endomorphs, just might add more flexibility.

Naming the endomorphs so that they are tabbed does ease the clutter while working, that's a good technique.
In addition to that I was thinking along the lines of when it gets closer to render time, there may be 20 or so identical face models in the scene. Wouldn't it be nice to have a single model that contains a set of endomorphs, then all of the other 20 models could access the morphs from the external morph model. Maybe it wouldn't be that important to some. It seems more economical in a large scene to have 20 base models and 1 morph container, than to have 20 identical models bloated with identical endomorphs.

In any case, there are others ways to get it done. It never hurts to have extra options though.

Thanks for the replys,
Bill C.

Karmacop
09-13-2003, 05:43 PM
... can't you just use the same model then? I don't understand what you're trying to do. If they aren't exactly the same model then the endo morphs wont work ... and if they are you can just clone them. Maybe I'm missing something? :confused: