PDA

View Full Version : Recorded video problem

skdvr
05-24-2010, 02:31 PM
I was shooting graduations at a college this weekend and all 5 graduations were recorded with our Tricaster Broadcast and with the MPEG 2 studio profile. One of the files is giving me a hard time. I edit with Premiere Pro CS4 and I put all the files on an external HDD and then droped them onto my edit computer. When I went to open them this one showed that it was only 55 min long. I knew that something was not right becasue all the grads were at least 1.5 hours. I opened up the file in VLC media player and it showed that it was 1 hour and 40 min long but it would not let me play anything past that 55 min mark. So I decided to fire up the TCB and try to convert it to an AVI file in the edit window. Well when ever I open up a folder that has this particular file in it the TCB locks up before I can even do anything. As an example, I had all my recorded files in the folder D:/Media/WashU/Recordings. In the editior when I navigate to the Recordings folder the TCB just freezes up and I cannot click on anything, so I moved the specific MPG file into a new folder and then I could open the "Recordings" folder just fine and click on any of the files, but when I navigate to the new folder with that file in it, the TCB locks up again.

Is there anything that I can do? Is this a common problem? Our TCB is brand new and this is only our third event we have done with it. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

FYI - We do have backup recordings of this project, but I would really like to be able to count on the TCB.

Thanks
Phil

forcom
06-16-2010, 04:52 AM
Hi,
I have a similar problem. recording with Mpeg 2 studio profile, I'm no longer able to edit smootly in Premiere CS4 (I should render before editing the whole movie). My tricaster contact told me this is because this kind of files (50 Mbit) not all editing programs can read it.
It should be possible to install a codec for that.
Anybody knows about it?
I'll post again if I recive an answer from my guy in the main time.

Thanks,
Franco.

joseburgos
06-16-2010, 05:48 PM
Your TC may have come with the NewTek codec pack and if not I believe you can down load it from your registration page.
As for TCB locking up when it gets to this folder, try and delete the info folder before launching TC. If it does not show up, then you need to unhide folders as it is a hidden file.
Once you delete it, go back and launch TC and then go to edit media and see if that solves your crashing problem.

PS **ONLY THE INFO FOLDER*** and nothing else and only for the one where these files lay. When you go back to this folder in edit media, the icons may take a little while to pop up so let then get reconstructed (this is what the info folder does).

Hope that works,

skdvr
06-17-2010, 04:53 AM
In my case the recorded file was corrupt and was causing the problem with the TC. I ended up having to use the backup recording of that particular graduation. All the rest of the Grads I ended up rendering out a DV AVI file from the TC and then bringing that into Premiere to edit down and export the DVD. The end product actually looked better than using the Original MPEG files in Premiere. I really do not like the recordign profiles of this thing. Most everything else I like so far...

Phil