PDA

View Full Version : Que multiple scenes for render?

YaGfXg33k
05-23-2010, 06:32 PM
Is it possible to que up multiple scenes to be rendered? I use LW for a lot of storyboarding and basically replicate what will happen on the set so I have 1 scene per camera setup so that it can then be edited just as the film would be - Is there a way for me to que up multiple scene files and have them rendered out in sequence?

Lamont
05-23-2010, 06:54 PM
Render que right inside LW.

YaGfXg33k
05-23-2010, 07:01 PM
Excellent - Thanks.

bscenefilms
05-23-2010, 10:47 PM
So I went into each scene - Set all of the render settings that I wanted and ensured that the output options were correct for save animation and that save animation was turned on - Saved each scene and then put them into Render-Q and let it rip.

When it was done it produced no output files...

I did a seach in the PDF manuals for RenderQ and Render-Q (in the layout manual and the surface and render manual) and got no hits...

What did I miss here?

(also if I used the help menu and selected web-based help, it takes me to a NewTek Tricaster sales page...)

Dexter2999
05-24-2010, 12:11 AM
"Save Animation" is not the best choice for extended renders. If anything at all happens you could corrupt the files.

Say something like the Codec doesn't like the resolution setting (I've had it happen) so it kicks out and your renders don't save.

Best bet is images sequences. That way if the power dumps or the machine crashes for whatever reason, you can look at the folder with the images and see what the last frame was and start again from there.

Once the image sequence is done you can assemble them in your editor, Quicktime, or even set them as the backdrop in LW and output an anim from there with an otherwise empty scene they just fly by.

dnch
05-24-2010, 03:03 AM
allways use image sequences

YaGfXg33k
05-24-2010, 08:31 AM
Thanks for the advice on image SEQ. However... Still does not answer the question about Render-Q not saving anything...

bjornkn
05-24-2010, 08:58 AM
Before que rendering to animation you should at least test render with Render Scene first, to see if the settings used works. Most of the animation formats/settings/choices does not work at all on my PC.
That will probably answer your question...

YaGfXg33k
05-24-2010, 09:01 AM
I tested each of them before I put them in the Q. I had been rendering them each separately just fine outputting to ProRes 422 to be edited in FCP. All of this has worked just fine. The director just wanted camera move tweaks in about 5 of the 17 setups used in the scene. So I just wanted an easy way to make the changes, test with preview and then batch render them...

This is on a Mac btw...

YaGfXg33k
05-25-2010, 12:52 PM
Well, it appears that this ONLY works on image sequences.

Bleh