PDA

View Full Version : cola can texture problem

Leprechaun
09-12-2003, 05:18 PM
i was doing this lightwave tutorial on how to texture a cola can. I did everything it said and when i closed the surface editor there was no texture on the can. I then tried to juut put a simple tiger skin texture on a box and still, it did not appear. Does anyone know why?
thanks

Oracle77
09-12-2003, 05:27 PM
when you rendered it, there was no texture? or in the viewport there was no texture?
render: for 7.5, at the top it says 'Maximum render quality' unlike modeler, this changes the final product.
for viewport, find the same down arrow button in modeler, and switch to 'texture'.
hope this helps!

Leprechaun
09-12-2003, 05:37 PM
Yea I figured out how to do it, Im a big newbie lol. Also, when ur done rendering something how do u get it so that u can make it a picture? like so that u could post it on the forum?

Oracle77
09-12-2003, 05:40 PM
that parts easy, in render options, make sure render display is set to something, hit F9, when its done hit continue, therell be another window, click file, save RGB, save as BMP 24 bit.
then you can post it anywhere! have fun!

Leprechaun
09-12-2003, 05:43 PM
thanks, lol most likely there will be a bunch of sorta dumb questions from me over the next..well. while lol