PDA

View Full Version : ivga problem

hubcitytv
05-16-2010, 09:28 AM
today, for some reason, I can not pull up my mac in the External sources menu. It worked fine two days ago when I used it last. I've tried to reinstall the network sharing client, hoping that would work. I'm connected firewire, but I just keep getting "looking for Tricaster". i'm new at this but I think I have everything correctly. I have a presentation in less than two hours, help!!

hubcitytv
05-16-2010, 10:39 AM
Actually finding that Tricaster isn't recognizing external sources or cameras. Device not connected. What could be the issue?

animlab
05-16-2010, 08:09 PM
Make sure both your Mac and TriCaster have a unique IP address and can ping each other. If there is not DHCP on the net to assign the IP, set IP manually.

SBowie
05-17-2010, 05:12 AM
Actually finding that Tricaster isn't recognizing external sources or cameras. Device not connected. What could be the issue?You're saying you have cameras connected to inputs and you're seeing an error message stating "Device not connected? What sort of cameras, connected by what method, and where does this message show up, please?

hubcitytv
05-17-2010, 02:33 PM
I have a canon xl2 connected by s-video cable. everything worked fine the last time (also the first time) I connected the camera and the Mac. Today I'm able to see the camera in the Preview monitor on the capture media tab, but when I go to the live production page no image shows in Camera 1 box.

Is there a tutorial video, class, or something I can use to learn how to use the tricaster? I thought I could teach myself, but the learning curve is steeper than I thought.

joseburgos
05-17-2010, 03:39 PM
Is it possible you have LiveMatte or LiveSet enabled on the camera input? Also is it possible you adjusted the proc amp or Type in the input tab? Just click on Restore Defaults on the Input Setup tab and also make sure the LiveMatte and LiveSet is disabled and then choose Y/C (S-Video) for the Type and see if you get video back from the camera.

Contact NewTek about a free TriCaster basic training DVD they have.

Take care,

SBowie
05-17-2010, 04:51 PM
Today I'm able to see the camera in the Preview monitor on the capture media tab, but when I go to the live production page no image shows in Camera 1 box. It sounds to me like you may not have properly configured the camera in the Input Setup tab. You need to choose the connection type for each input.