PDA

View Full Version : timeline, 32767 frames limit?

Meshbuilder
09-12-2003, 12:08 PM
Please take away the frame limit in the timeline. It's limited to 32767 frames.. Some crazy people is working with long, long scenes with more than 50000 frames.. Now I have to splitt my scene in different part just because of this limit.. :(

Elmar Moelzer
09-12-2003, 12:12 PM
hmm, have you tried negative frame- values?
That way you might be able to move half of it into the negative area of the timeline. Havent tried it yet, but might work.
CU
Elmar

pauland
09-12-2003, 12:22 PM
17 minutes as a continuous shot doesn't seem very sensible. I would think that having a 17minutes limit for a shot is a good thing, not a bad one!

How many films/programmes have you seen with a 17minutes continuous shot, let alone a CGI one?

Paul

Elmar Moelzer
09-12-2003, 12:31 PM
I could imagine them doing some sort of timestretching- effects afterwards. Like speeding things uo in post and slowing the down where needed. Becuase of the high- frame- rate the slow- motion would look better. Am I right with that?
Otherwise, yes 17 minutes is indeed very long. I usually use 2 seconds/cut as a rule of thumb.
CU
Elmar

Castius
09-12-2003, 02:36 PM
It could be undefined config setting. cause i have no problems using keys past 32767. I just couldn't change the last preview number. I could even make previews past that frame number.

Meshbuilder
09-12-2003, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by Elmar Moelzer
hmm, have you tried negative frame- values?

Yes, it worked.. But Butterfly Render can't render from negative frames.. I moved all frame forward in Graph Editor, afterwards.. But if I want to edit the animation I have to move them back again and so on.. It's not the fastest way to work..

It would just be great if Newtek just turn off the limit in the timeline..

I know you want to do regular animation or special effect in one 30-40 min shot like that.. But this is not the regular use of 3D animation..
Yes it has to do with slowmotion, in some way. It's pretty wierd and very very slow moving.. I'm sorry, can't tell you more about it..