PDA

View Full Version : Scene Files with IK Crash on Re-opening

JBT27
05-11-2010, 05:45 AM
I've got a scene file with some IK (mechanical rig) - saving versions as I go, but I've been getting crashes when closing the scene. When I try to re-open that version, it crashes Layout again, and I guess is therefore screwed.

Is there any way I can see what's doing this?

This is pretty unnerving - you get so far and have it working, then it crashes when you clear the scene, then you can't reload it.

I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Julian.

VonBon
05-11-2010, 08:29 AM
What was the last thing you did to the scene before you last saved?
could be a plugin if your using any.

JBT27
05-11-2010, 08:39 AM
There's no plugins in use on this one. The Scene Editor is in use alot, but other than that it's just a load of objects and nulls and IK.

So, I hit 's' to save the scene, which is fine, then I hit Clear, but it's then that it crashes. When I try to re-open the same file, it crashes on load, repeatedly.

I cannot do a Load Items either without the new scene crashing.

Pretty tiny file, averaging about 360K.

Thanks.

Julian.

Castius
05-11-2010, 08:39 AM
Are you using motion mixer? There used to be a bug with clear scene. It should have been fixed but there may be a new one. If you include the scene we can dissect it.

I'd report it as a bug and they should eventually tell you what the bug is if they can reproduce it.

JBT27
05-11-2010, 08:44 AM
No, no Motion Mixer either. I can send the scene, though it's a client job and deadline very soon ..... hence me getting very very nervous! I'm seeing rigs going down the drain and no way to recover them apparently. Great for the nerves ..... !

Julian.

rdrdrd23
05-11-2010, 09:51 AM
I've had some similar issues. A sort of combination of using Fprime, and/or a few occlusion nodes. Somewhere in that mix I get some iffy crashes. If you're using FPrime, try just removing it from the scene and see if that helps

JBT27
05-11-2010, 10:42 AM
Thanks ..... not using Fprime either, or nodes! The only thing in Master Plugins is the Scene Editor.

I wish I could see something odd about this, unless there's some rigging thing it doesn't like, but again, pretty simple stuff.

Julian.