PDA

View Full Version : city by the sea

hrgiger
02-27-2003, 12:14 PM
I'm building a set for my first real animation and the first shot I have requires a flyover of the water to the city atop one of the buildings. I started modeling this yesterday and still have a bit to go but I rendered out a quick animation. I'm going to add streets below and have some cars moving around and street lights and such but tell me what you think.

File is called city by the sea 1MB Divx.

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/dirtyneo

P.S. You'll see a familiar company's building in there!

Stewpot
02-27-2003, 01:28 PM
Hi,

Not too bad, but my preference would be for the buildings to poking through the top of the fog and visible from a greater distance.

The city doesn't seem to 'grow' out of the fog, its suddenly there. Perhaps the fog could thin a little here and there.

Regards

hrgiger
02-27-2003, 08:55 PM
Yeah, not totally happy with the fog but I do want it in there. Anybody have any good tips on using fog? I basically just want it to block out some of the background details to make the city look bigger then it actually is....

bakasaru
02-28-2003, 08:35 AM
A little ironic how NTs building has all the light off;)

Schwing
02-28-2003, 03:04 PM
I'm not familiar with the fog settings, but in its natural state, fog would be patchy. As if you were to add a texture to it. Fog also disapates with elevation. Your fog looks too consistant.

hrgiger
02-28-2003, 03:10 PM
Thanks Schwing, and I don't want to know why that's your name, I didn't think of adding a texture to the fog. Duh. I'll try that.

Nothing ironic about it bakasaru, I've only added the lights to the two twin towers in the back. Believe me, the newtek buildings lights will be on once I'm done. ;)