PDA

View Full Version : Thank (spline)God !

Matelot13
05-10-2010, 09:16 AM
A few days ago I posted a cry for help, needing in a hurry to show a quick animation test, while I have (had) zero experience in rigging. I got in touch with Larry, who really opened my eyes about the whole process. He was very generous with his time, very clear with his explanations, and basically demysitified it so I could give a go at it.

So here is the result (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbMi4d1tuIc).

Let's be clear I know it's full of flaws. I didn't have time to think about how the sock (main character) was going to move, he is sometimes floating mid-air, loses his string, the movements are not crisp, I had problems with the eyes, etc, etc... But it works enough for my original purpose. And I now have a starting point.

So Larry, thank you ! RebelHill, I bought your videos, be nice, give me time to study them..

PS : Where could I find some decent tutorial about RENDERING animation? Like how to balance quality/rendering times, frame rates, avoid flickering, file formats... BTW, I used the 9.6.1 beta for this, worked very well. Modeling/UVs done in Modo, also title animation.

PPS : Since it's in French. The sock is supposed to belong to one of the players of the French National Soccer Team. The robot lets him read the mind of the coach.

The Dommo
05-10-2010, 03:34 PM
Yeah - I certainly owe Larry a beer or two and will gladly buy them if we ever get to meet. He's been there for me at some silly hours!

shrox
05-10-2010, 03:52 PM
Larry called me and we discussed Time Warp in Lightwave, then we spoke of better, happier things...

SplineGod
05-11-2010, 06:56 AM
LOL! Thanks pascal and everyone else :)

tyrot
05-11-2010, 08:07 AM
Larry is the king of LW hill. Because of his neverending solutions i was able to finish some character animation projects.

He is so precious gem-mentor-teacher of our community so i know how you feel. The (actual) God save our splinegod:)

Nangleator
05-11-2010, 08:19 AM
I love Larry's clever uses of common and uncommon tools. If he was a carpenter, he'd be able to measure with a hammer, cut with a plumb line and frame a house in a day, if he had to.

VonBon
05-11-2010, 08:25 AM
Since we throwing out prasies :D

Spline God been helping me out since i signed up for CGTalk.

Thanks for all the help over the years. :bowdown:

SplineGod
05-11-2010, 02:26 PM
Again, Tyrot, Nanleator, VonBon...
Thanks! :)