PDA

View Full Version : TriCaster Studio wont turn on - three beeps

CrossroadsCC
05-09-2010, 10:59 PM
Regular use at church (twice a week on Sundays and Tuesdays). Transported twice a week across town. Mounted in a rack with mixer / monitor. When I try to power it on, the blue light comes on, keyboard turns on, mouse lights up, but no display. (Monitor is not the problem, as I have tested the peripherals on other computers). Beeps loudly three times, then nothing. Lights are all on but still no control / display. Anyone else experience this problem? Or possibly the beeps indicate a specific problem? Help would be greatly appreciated as we have no cameras / camera display on the projectors. Thanks!

pdxJoe
05-09-2010, 11:18 PM
Beeps generally indicate a message from the computer's BIOS. This can be a failure in a couple different areas (video card, RAM, Fans, etc). About the only thing you You can try is reseating the RAM. Your best bet will be to contact support tomorrow.

Good Luck.

CrossroadsCC
05-10-2010, 08:22 AM
Thanks. I will try reseating the RAM later today. If that does not work, then I guess there won't be a "quick fix".

jcupp
05-11-2010, 07:28 AM
Thanks. I will try reseating the RAM later today. If that does not work, then I guess there won't be a "quick fix".

While you have it open try re-seating the VGA card, I bet that helps.