PDA

View Full Version : Import to layout scale

imodel
05-08-2010, 09:44 AM
Hello,

I am trying to import a .3ds scene directly to Layout and the scale upon import say's it is disabled. Is that because I am in trial mode? Thanks.

imodel
05-15-2010, 07:20 PM
I am only a little bit surprised I got no reply. Perhaps I should rephrase my question. Does your registered version have this disabled too? I am guessing not, so this should be easy.

I have to say it looks like LW is adjusting the grid appropriately but the camera and lights are out of scale. I think the focal length has no meaning.

I am test-driving a few others and believe it or not, for my needs, LW is slightly ahead. Interface is a little outdated and I think modeler and layout should be one. But I can look beyond that.

I am a stickler for 3D view port navigation. LW is missing right mouse pan. Why the hell would you want to roll unless you were rocking? My major gripe with Max. Maybe I am missing something?

Dexter2999
05-15-2010, 09:06 PM
Use bracket keys "[" and "]" to scale your camera and lights in the scene. That isn't technically scaling them but you will get the idea I think.

Never worked with 3ds files so I can't help at all there.