PDA

View Full Version : Making a car roll over and over and...

hunter
05-07-2010, 12:42 PM
Hi all,
I've included a scene here to help. I would like to have the rotation point change as the car rolls over. Basically so that each corner of the car could be a rotation point. I've set up four nulls, one for each corner but as you can see that is only good for one roll. Would I really need 12 nulls to do 3 rolls? This can't be the best way of doing this is it? I searched for animated pivot but I know LW can't do that, and parenter well, I can't get it to do what I'm looking for. Anybody have some helpful suggestions? Thank you in advance.

serge
05-07-2010, 04:37 PM
I wouldn't know a way to do what you want. I also don't think it's possible with Dpont's 'Node Item Motion' node editor. But, Dpont's 'Part Move' node (for the displacement node editor) has the option to change pivots for parts (not dynamically though), which makes me think that Denis might be able to make a pivot input for 'Node Item Motion'. So, the best advise I can give you is to send Denis a feature request.

shrox
05-07-2010, 04:40 PM
In crashes and jumps, I just use one null for the car, and do the rest by hand. I rough it in first (a move every 10 frames or so, the tweak it from there.)

hunter
05-07-2010, 05:09 PM
Serge: Not a bad idea.

Shrox. That's what I do too. I'm just sooo tired of move>rotate>move rotate etc. to give the illusion of it pivoting where it should, instead of just being able to pivot where it should. :grumpy: Some day...

Thanks for the input.

OFF
05-07-2010, 05:33 PM
AutomatonTools
http://noboyama.sakura.ne.jp/