PDA

View Full Version : Bone Resting Problem

j0SH
05-06-2010, 06:04 PM
I have a model which I have rigged up and somewhere along the line a few parts of the mesh decided not to sit correctly on the rig. So naturally I turned all the bones off and went through re-resting bones one by one. This has not solved it and I'm a little bit stumped on how to fix it. Any ideas?

evenflcw
05-06-2010, 07:59 PM
Did you scale any of the bones? Did you record pivot rotation (note, it's not the same as recording bone rest position) but not set a new keyframe afterwards? Have you changed the bones pivot positions? Are you using weightmaps? does any point receive more than 100% weight in total? Do you have Normalization on?

The files would help. If you don't want to give away the model, just make a simple mockup that roughly matches the originals shape. It should display the same problems. Help us help you!

j0SH
05-06-2010, 08:05 PM
Thanks for suggestions. No bones are scaled, Recorded pivot point roation with Auto key on etc etc..

It's turned out to be a weight issue. I've had to make sure EVERY bone had some sort of weight attached. That has fixed the problem although There is still a couple of parts where the mesh isnt sitting right. I'll keep looking!