PDA

View Full Version : IKB!!! why cant i select THE BONE i want ??

tyrot
05-06-2010, 06:13 AM
hello there...I have started making some little demos with IKB - mocap data. But IKB really drives me crazy. When there are multiple items EVEN they are locked-unselectable ...IKB still manages to select other objects.

For example i try to select a bone, Ok selected...now i ll make some adjustments with controller numbers.... what?? ...I have selected something far far beyond the scene....and everytime i have to go to perspective view and play with the controllers...even from the light view..can you believe??? I am using a SPOTlight as a viewport in order to sneak around IKB....

Is there a way to solve this...? I am afraid soon i will select a bone from Larry's computer from europe!!!

wish you all the best..as always

GraphXs
05-06-2010, 08:25 AM
U can try to move the controller handles away from the bones. Unless you did that already?

tyrot
05-06-2010, 10:00 AM
i did i did......it simply selects something else when i dial that controller numbers... :( there must be a way to keep my selection ... Otherwise im in hell :(

Castius
05-06-2010, 10:11 AM
See if this can help.
http://www.steelronin.com/plugins/SR_Lock_Selection.zip

Probable not but it's can help other times at least. :)

SplineGod
05-06-2010, 04:44 PM
This is something Ive wanted fixed for awhile but to no avail.
One way around it is to parent a null to the bone. The null will automatically become part of the IKB chain.
Move the null away from the bone into a spot thats easy to select.
Give it an item shape.
This can help alot :)

tyrot
05-06-2010, 05:18 PM
larry i will try your fix...but honestly without this VERY basic thing how can someone use IKB in a normal scene (with couple of characters) ...that is really so so so awful...

castius i will try this one too

I believe one of our talented plugin writers will make IKB useable .....Mike had it working with MotionMixer may be he can come up with a solution

Dodgy
05-06-2010, 06:49 PM
You can use my LayersMC plugin to hide or lock background items easily in your scene so they don't get selected. I usually have a layer per character so I can lock everything except the one I'm animating.

tyrot
05-07-2010, 01:50 PM
hey mike i knew you have something in your toolset to solve this problem...i will try right away...

But please please when you have freetime could you prepare some little videos for your plugins...and some tricks etc... too much to ask?

Mr Rid
05-07-2010, 06:42 PM
The annoying thing for me is when I L-click on a bone, often the whole chain jumps/pops for some reason that I have to keep undoing (if autokey on). Whats up with that?

SplineGod
05-07-2010, 07:53 PM
IKB seems twitchy when its trying to rotate bones while deformations are turned on. I tend to get smoother response by turning down the bounding box threshold, reducing the display subpatch and sometimes temporarily turning off deformations.

tyrot
05-08-2010, 08:37 AM
mike :) please a short video tutorial about this layerMC plugin ...please!