PDA

View Full Version : Animation Mentor Webinar is up.

Dexter2999
05-05-2010, 05:11 PM
For those who didn't get in, or who run Mac's and couldn't hear/watch.

http://www.animationmentor.com/webinar/replay/2010-timing-and-spacing-in-animation-explained.html

sampei
05-06-2010, 06:20 AM
eheh this brings back memories of when I started studying animation principles years ago..thanks for the great link ;)

Dexter2999
05-06-2010, 10:37 AM
Yeah, most of it was a review of concepts I have read before or covered waaaay back in college.

But in watching that whole thing I did have one "aha" moment. I forget when but during the second presentation something was said that made me think about the motions and it clicked with something I had heard a long time ago about forms. The "S" has a role in the motion paths with anticipation and follow through. It also has been taught in anatomy drawing. Maybe because it echos how people sort of stay balanced by offsetting weight. When something moves one way something else tends to move the opposite way for the sake of balance. That's just a general tendancy there are many instances where that doesn't happen (many in athletics where the body has to commit to a motion).

Anyway, even though it was largely a review for me, still got something out of it.